Need Size info for Specific (Accessible) Cabins on Summit Please

I sure hope someone here can give us the correct info, because I have gotten different answers from the folks at Celebrity when I call at different times. :confused::confused: I will have to wait until tomorrow to call "Special Needs", but I would like to know now so I can book the cabin that best suits our needs.

I would appreciate if someone can give me the ACTUAL sizes of the cabin and the balcony for these specific cabins, all of which are accessible (yes, we DO need an accessible cabin)

(I cross-posted this on Celebrity board also)

We had 7143 on Summit. It was really spacious and the bathroom was also big for a wheelchair. You can move around and you can roll into the shower. You can also use the balcony, the door is wide enough end there is a ramp.

Thank you

7212 8176 and the one above on the 9th floor are all the same -- large room, patio-like balcony (almost as large as room) (6 chaired table, 4 loungers, 3/4 shade 1/4 sun) - truly at the back of the ship (aft) - ramped balcony, nice bathroom with roll-in shower, wide doors. Rocky at aft (you feel motion) much more than center of ship. Carts in the way all the way down and a long way to get a "sweater" -- However love the aft balcony but now they have made it a TOP CC CLASS PRICE and never seems to go down if others do. (They got smart - superior room, TOP PRICE). The one on the 9th flr. has a larger overhang-- and on our Hawaii trip there was a guitarist who played on the 10th flr. until midnight -- mellow music, but people do foot tap and in the morning you could hear tables be moved around for set up for breakfast. Vicki

7212 8176 and the one above on the 9th floor are all the same -- large room, patio-like balcony (almost as large as room) (6 chaired table, 4 loungers, 3/4 shade 1/4 sun) - truly at the back of the ship (aft) - ramped balcony, nice bathroom with roll-in shower, wide doors. Rocky at aft (you feel motion) much more than center of ship. Carts in the way all the way down and a long way to get a "sweater" -- However love the aft balcony but now they have made it a TOP CC CLASS PRICE and never seems to go down if others do. (They got smart - superior room, TOP PRICE). The one on the 9th flr. has a larger overhang-- and on our Hawaii trip there was a guitarist who played on the 10th flr. until midnight -- mellow music, but people do foot tap and in the morning you could hear tables be moved around for set up for breakfast. Vicki

Thanks for the info. It *does* seem like a very long walk. One of us is a wheelchair user, so that's not an issue, except for the carts! Do the carts make it impossible for someone in a wheelchair to get through?

For someone who is a slow-walker or someone who has difficulty walking long distances, I can see the location being a problem. It's something we will need to consider carefully.

I agree that it's a great thing to have large cabins, and for those who have a choice of location and size, then getting a larger CC cabin for a higher price makes some sense, especially from =X='s point of view. However, I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that these are the ONLY accessible concierge class cabins, therefore making the disabled pay the higher price no matter what. Personally I'd prefer a concierge class accessible cabin closer to an elevator. It would be nice if they would let you "choose" to make one of the ones on the sides into concierge class by just paying the extra cost.

Thanks for the info. It *does* seem like a very long walk. One of us is a wheelchair user, so that's not an issue, except for the carts! Do the carts make it impossible for someone in a wheelchair to get through?

For someone who is a slow-walker or someone who has difficulty walking long distances, I can see the location being a problem. It's something we will need to consider carefully.

I agree that it's a great thing to have large cabins, and for those who have a choice of location and size, then getting a larger CC cabin for a higher price makes some sense, especially from =X='s point of view. However, I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that these are the ONLY accessible concierge class cabins, therefore making the disabled pay the higher price no matter what. Personally I'd prefer a concierge class accessible cabin closer to an elevator. It would be nice if they would let you "choose" to make one of the ones on the sides into concierge class by just paying the extra cost.

If only wishing made it so.

In regard to a long walk or wheel, yes, it is quite a distance to the back end, especially considering that at some point you are at the theatre, returning to your room. Also on the M class ships in particular, I have found (on scooter) that the joiners (not correct navigational term, I'm sure) are rather high and one in a wheelchair or scooter feels them more so than on any other ship. Regarding the carts -- if out in the hallway, it's a squeeze, but it works with caution. Of course, if the steward is available, he happily moves the cart -- but one can come across 3 sets before an elevator bank if coming from the aft. However, the aft CC cabin is a true pleasure on the balcony and a rarity for a HC on other cruise lines -- guess we can't have it all! Vicki:)

Archived