Boarding The Ships Tender

pb3053

Hi,

We are a party of 4 'oldsters' booked on the Ventura (N14) in June.

The 2 ladies in our party are not very nimble on their feet, one has MS and the other has metal rods in her back. Both can stand and walk 15 or 20 feet before needing the use of a wheelchair.

We would all like to go ashore when the ship visits St.Peters Port but the trip ashore is by the ships tender. Not ever having seen what is involved in boarding the tender I wonder if some kind soul could advise us if boarding the tender from Ventura is a practicle possibility bearing in mind the swell and the fact that the ladies, not being very fast on their feet, are not overly confident about stepping from Ventura into the tender and vice versa when they come back.

The ship tries to moor in such a way that the tenders are sheltered.

They should look at the sea conditions on the day.

One of the highlights of a tender trip is being manhandled by the very efficient P&O staff. Just trust them and do as they say.

One of the highlights of a tender trip is being manhandled by the very efficient P&O staff. Just trust them and do as they say.

Haven't tendered in St Peter Port with P&O, but have on Marco Polo in fairly rough weather with my mother, registered blind, a little rickety, and then aged 84. You have to trust the staff, who will get your friends safely onto the tender. I had a fleeting moment of terror while watching, but fortunately have yet to claim my inheritence:D.

Have a lovely time.

Mary

Also, most times, where you tender to in Guernsey, there will be a flight of steps for you to climb.

Oh!. I think thats the 'clincher' then. I dont think the visit is looking like a viable proposition. Hadnt considered steps the other end.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Archived