I feel like a tour guide and need HELP!

apples1996

I will be on a cruise in April with about 14 other cabins I have booked with teachers from my work. Many of them have never cruised before. I try and send out updates every two weeks to keep them all excited. I have a couple questions for this port.

1. Can someone explain the doubledecker tour and how people book that and what the cost would be?

2. I had planned to do the Uxmal ruins tour but I have read a little about the Merida/Diz. Ruins tour. Which would you recommend through autoprogresso?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. I feel pressure considering I put this group together. I want everyone to have a lot of information when making choices.

Sharon

Kentucky

Sharon, as you gather information, share it with your group. Some may prefer visiting a major ruin such as Uxmal (my fovorite), while some would like to visit the more modest Dz ruins and get a light exposure to the beautifu spanish colonial city of Merida. And of course some may like to take the $3.00 RT bus to Merida for a more in depth experience of that fine city. Merida is the state capitol of the Yucatan state and home to at least four universitys.

Continue reading this board and also visit http://www.yucatantoday.com.

Merida has a population of almost one million. Buildings dating back to the mid-1400s (still in active use) including the oldest cathedral of the Americas. It's a friendly, beautiful and very safe city. Here's an excellent article about Merida.

http://yucatantoday.com/en/topics/merida

If I can answer other questions or provide pics, just ask, hdawson228@aol.com

John

Hello, last time i went to the double tour : ruins and Meridia very nice, it tooks around 5 hours to do the whole thing, i booked with autoprogreso at info@autoprogreso.com they gave me times and where to meet, its a simple process though. Hope this help you out planning your upcoming trip, now i am off to Merida for a land trip :D

1. Can someone explain the doubledecker tour and how people book that and what the cost would be?

When you get off the ship in the port - you will walk through the port area (plenty of shops and gifts here) - at the back area there is a bus taking you into town - the port dock is about 4 miles long. When you get off this bus - there will be a double decker bus and fleas market area. The double decker bus tour here is $3.00 per person. They just take you around the town area and give a small explaination. They then bring you back to the flea market area.

There is a beach area about 3 blocks to the left and usual shops in town.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived