Average price for 6 to get to PB?

gambler

Hi, 6 Karate moms coming to Paradise Beach this Saturday, 1/22. What would be the right price to pay for a van to get there and should we arrange for round trip? Thanks , Tom, you need anything????

Six of us were there on Saturday. The van is $26 and 2 taxis are $24 ( $12 each) There are taxis just sitting in the driveway waiting for you to go back so you don't need to arrange for the round trip ahead of time. What a rip off the taxis are. Our taxi driver told us he works a 10 hour day once a week and takes the other 6 days off. He supports a family of 3 kids and his wife just on the one day of work!

The taxi driver was pulling your leg. Or else he has some other "business" on the side. Much as I am NOT a fan of taxi drivers, none of them can support a family on one ten hour day per week. Many have difficulty supporting their family with a six day work week. The union dues to the taxi syndicate are high. They usually do not own their own cabs and have to pay a rental fee to the owner, whether they make anything or not. Their gas and insurance have to be paid as well. It is not as good a job as some on the island think. I know one driver for sure that is looking for a new job to better support his family.

I totally agree with CozSally, the cab driver was trying to make you feel bad in hopes for a good tip, who knows, but he definately was not telling you the truth.

On most days there always is a ship/s in port there.....its just not one day when a ship arrives in Cozumel.

The taxi driver was pulling your leg. Or else he has some other "business" on the side. Much as I am NOT a fan of taxi drivers, none of them can support a family on one ten hour day per week. Many have difficulty supporting their family with a six day work week. The union dues to the taxi syndicate are high. They usually do not own their own cabs and have to pay a rental fee to the owner, whether they make anything or not. Their gas and insurance have to be paid as well. It is not as good a job as some on the island think. I know one driver for sure that is looking for a new job to better support his family.

My brother was fed a line then but I wasn't in the taxi with him. The taxi driver I had didn't have enough of a grasp of English to converse with me. Both of my Spanish speaking daughters were in the other taxi!

gambler...pasto5's answer is correct, but I just wanna let you know that I'm leaving for VEGAS on Thursday the 20th till the afternoon of Monday the 24th, so I´m not going to meet you:(. I'm going to attend the hitching of 2 friends courtesy of ELVIS! Don't worry though, I've left strict instructions to the staff to spoil our guests even more than usual in my absence! Have a great day!

Thanks for the price on the van. I am nervous about getting around since I am the main planner and worrier. Tom please reserve 4 pineapples for March 22 ( 6 if you can do non-alcholic too).We are coming from Minnesota on our first cruise and are very excited to visit PB. Can someone tell me about distances to shopping from the Carnival Pier? We are coming from the Inspiration and want to shop and visit PB. We thought of going to the other side of the island but I keep hearing bad things about car rental and it sounds like it would be expensive for 6 to travel around too much.

Archived