New to Camp Carnival

lifeguardjen

I don't have any kids so I've never bothered with camp carnival but my sister is traveling with us and her 4 year old son and 18 month old daughter. I know my niece is too young for camp but I'm not sure what to do with my nephew. He's signed up for camp carnival, I'm guess I just need some widsom and what's do's and don'ts when you bring kids a long a cruise. Also capers would def help to know what he would do, also do the kids eat dinner at the camp or go the dining room?

I don't have any kids so I've never bothered with camp carnival but my sister is traveling with us and her 4 year old son and 18 month old daughter. I know my niece is too young for camp but I'm not sure what to do with my nephew. He's signed up for camp carnival, I'm guess I just need some widsom and what's do's and don'ts when you bring kids a long a cruise. Also capers would def help to know what he would do, also do the kids eat dinner at the camp or go the dining room?

He will be in the 2-5 group. On sea days, the hours are 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10. Dinner, if you chose to send him rather than eat with you on the Lido or in the MDR, is @ 6 p.m. - usually upstairs in the Lido buffet. You can put him in camp or take him out as you chose.

The activities are what you would expect for the age group: Exerseas, ABSea's (story time), art, time with Funship Freddy, face painting, movies, crafts etc. He will have a blast. And if he is anything like my son, now almost 6, you will have to pry him off the putt-putt course.

A&J:

For the 2 year olds, do they take them out of the camp carnival any other time except for dinner?

We are not going to have our son eat dinner with them nor lunch, he will be eating with us at all times. but I do not want them taking him out of the room....to go into a part of the ship...my fear would be him running off.

We just returned from Dream and had our 2yo DS in camp.

Basically what we did (on sea day's) was woke up and ate breakfast as a family. They open in the AM from 9 - 12. We would drop him into camp after we ate, then go lay out and relax. We would then pick him up at 11:45 and go eat lunch as a family.

After lunch, one of us would go back to the room with him and take a nap (for him, of course!!). He would wake up around 2, we would have a snack and he would go back to camp (open from 2 to 5pm) after a little walking around and play time.

We again would get him at 4:45 and go back to the room, take showers and go to dinner. After dinner, we would again walk around, watch a movie, let him "dance" and then he went back to camp until about 9pm. They are open at night from 7 to 10 and from 10pm to 3am is $6 per child.

They NEVER took him out of the camp room and he LOVED LOVED LOVED it!

A&J:

For the 2 year olds, do they take them out of the camp carnival any other time except for dinner?

We are not going to have our son eat dinner with them nor lunch, he will be eating with us at all times. but I do not want them taking him out of the room....to go into a part of the ship...my fear would be him running off.

Nope - for the 2-5 year olds, it is baby jail. The 6-8 year olds will sometimes do a parade with Freddy or some such thing where you will see them with the counselors walking the ship, but never the little ones.

The camp staff is really excellent. No worries.

My son loved Camp Carnival. He was 4 last year on the Splendor and there were times we had to pry him away from the camp. I wish we had kept the Camp Carnival Capers for you. Our experience was that they did not always follow the capers though. If kids were really enjoying something they might extend that activity and skip the next.

The babysitting after 10 was also available for our 20 month old. It was $6 per hour for the first kid and $4 for the second. We used that a couple times and they would have the kids watch a movie and a few nights we were able to pick up our sleeping kids and put them right to bed.

We always had our son eat with us. After the first night the waiter had our high chair in the right spot and some fruit for the kids to snack on while we ordered. We have always had waiters that went out of their way to help the kids enjoy the MDR.

Thanks for the info. My 2 year old is very active, and I just know if they were to go from one room to the next, he might try to bolt. It's good to know that they don't go from place to place.

He is excited about the Camp, I have showed him pics of the room, and he already picked out which toy he wants to play with :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived