Cost of Taxi from Tampa to Port

debster818

It was a flat rate of $25 last month... at least from the airport to our hotel downtown right by the pier.

Yes, it is a flat rate of $25 (per cab, not per person) from the airport to the cruise terminal. Same price for anywhere in downtown, and same price for the return trip from the port to the airport.

Yes, it is a flat rate of $25 (per cab, not per person) from the airport to the cruise terminal. Same price for anywhere in downtown, and same price for the return trip from the port to the airport.

That's 3 bucks more than I paid 2 years ago!!! What on earth am I gonna do now? I've got a cruise on the Legend on the 7th....... I never planned for this....... What am I gonna tell the wife?.....my kids!!!! I NEED A FUNSHIP SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Bill.

That's 3 bucks more than I paid 2 years ago!!! What on earth am I gonna do now? I've got a cruise on the Legend on the 7th....... I never planned for this....... What am I gonna tell the wife?.....my kids!!!! I NEED A FUNSHIP SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Bill.

I see two options:

1) Tell the kids that they have five days to come up with the extra three bucks, whether it be by picking up aluminum cans, selling blood/plasma, or pawning their gameboy/Ipod/cell phone; or

2) Figure that at some point on the cruise you'll have to split a $6 beer with wifey instead of each having one

:D

I see two options:

1) Tell the kids that they have five days to come up with the extra three bucks, whether it be by picking up aluminum cans, selling blood/plasma, or pawning their gameboy/Ipod/cell phone; or

2) Figure that at some point on the cruise you'll have to split a $6 beer with wifey instead of each having one

:D

I took the little heathens to the bloodbank last time... How do you think I got the 22 bucks?:D

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone taken a taxi recently from Tampa airport to Tampa Port? How much is a Taxi for 2 people and do you have any suggestions?

I am going in March and just called for a Quote form a Cab company. It is a flat $25 rate. It was Yellow Cab. They said they have a stand at the airport so you don't even need to schedule a pick up!

Anyone have any idea how much a taxi would be from the Mainsaiul Suites to the port? Mainsail is about 8-10 miles from the port - so I am assuming that the taxi will cost more that $25. Thanks.

I believe the standard rate for the 2 major cab companies in Tampa is $2 + $2.25 per mile; so if it is 10 miles, fare would be $2 + (10x2.25)=$24.25.

I think it's a little less than 10 miles from Mainsail to the pier, but I'm not sure of the exact distance.

Archived