mother in law

wfinley

So in Oct we are taking our 4yo daughter and my MOL (Mother out Law) on a cruise. Here is the deal: She thinks we are going to Laughlin NV (We live in LA). So she is saving money and paying us for an all inclusive option in Laughlin. She will most likely be clueless untill we get to the queen mary for early checkin.

My question: Once on board is there somewhere where we can leave her and disappear? Also, what is customary extra tip charge for being mean and demanding to waiters? I need to know so we know how much to tell her to save up.

So in Oct we are taking our 4yo daughter and my MOL (Mother out Law) on a cruise. Here is the deal: She thinks we are going to Laughlin NV (We live in LA). So she is saving money and paying us for an all inclusive option in Laughlin. She will most likely be clueless untill we get to the queen mary for early checkin.

My question: Once on board is there somewhere where we can leave her and disappear? Also, what is customary extra tip charge for being mean and demanding to waiters? I need to know so we know how much to tell her to save up.

Yikes! If you feel like it really will be that bad, why are you taking her?

All inclusive in Laughlin:confused: ROFLMAO!!! That would be the red flag right there!

I would not want to be around when she finds out what you are doing. I hope she likes to crusie, doesn't have any medical issues, has a passport, etc. if you are serious about your plan, I hope you are preparaed to lose your babysitter, and the cost you paid for her to travel, plus have your daughter in teh cabin with you.

Very selfish on your part.

and you are married to this woman's child? Great Joke thread. btw....The Queen Mary thing gave it away, btw..... of course some here will take you seriously and not realize it is a joke thread:D

I love joke threads...got anymore?

ROTFL!!!Oh god that just made me bust out!!..What about alcohol?? do you like it?? perhaps you should become a heavy drinker or maybe just while on the cruise....LOL I know they have great drinks on Carnival ??or maybe a little alcohol would help the MOL???

Oh dear....I feel for you...My MIL is coming as well but she's pretty good....Besides I'm gonna be trying all the drinks of the day ...quite a few times each day.....so That pretty much relaxes me and the tolerance level.

Maybe if your lucky she'll meet some new friends?? Or is she not very social??

Thank you all.

No joke though. She cruised about 15 years ago and always talks about going back. We have been telling her to save money for gambling and drinks if she wants.

Today we asked her what would happen if we moved to Hawaii and then we told her it is an additional 7-8 hours from LA and she asked "where the heck is Hawaii." She failed geography and if it is not in Greenville SC she has no clue (and she only knows half that town.

We have told her that Mexico is on the way to laughlin so we will stop so she is getting a passport.

I have never known anyone so clueless but I swear that I speak the truth. I will have my wife come on and confirm.

There is a place not quite on board you could leave her, but its close.

"over"board;)

No one can be grumpy on a cruise.Can they?;)

Lol everyone.

So ok I am the wife and it is my mother that is going. No worries about her not enjoying it. She was quite put out that we weren't taking her on a cruise in the first place. I took her on a cruise on the Carnivale (I know looooong time ago) but that was her last experience.

My husband is exaggerating a bit though <smile>

We told her we would take her to Mexico first then Laughlin. Not that Mexico is on the way to Laughlin. Either way though she is directionally challenged. We did tell her we are prepaying for all our meals in Laughlin. She bought it 100%.

She will have a ball.

Well.............. if it were my mother in law........I would bring a TRANQ GUN and take her down!!!!! Shes like a rhino charging when shes angry (all the time) and she thinks a quarter is a great tip!!! OR I would grind up sedatives to put in every DOD :)

(and yes those without a funny bone I am joking.............I would never shoot my mother in law with a tranquilizer gun.................in public)

You made me laugh so hard!!:) I feel your pain.. One good thing about my PIA Mother in Law is that she doesn't speak English and lives across the ocean from us. Thank God!! And My hubby would never dream of taking her on the cruise....he would NOT enjoy his hard earned vacation. Poor Lady....you should spend the whole cruise in the Spa. LOL:D

OMG I laughed so hard reading your post! How wonderful you guys are taking her on a cruise when she has always wanted to go again!

Have a fantastic time... I wish I could see how happy she will be when she is surprised. What a wonderful daughter and son-in-law!

Happy cruising!

Archived