Comedy show for all ages?

mlredman2

I was on the 1/23 sailing and attended the Comedy Show. There were no children in the audience (which had about 50 seats.) I personally wouldn't want my children in there although the two comedians we saw weren't particularly off-color. I guess it would depend on who the entertainers were.

The comedy show that you can book is for adults only (18+). If you try to book tickets it will stop you and if it somehow glitches they will stop at the door anyway. I did not see any kind of children or family comedy show on our 1/2 sailing. The only other event I noticed in the comedy venue was an improve show one night and they did have a family version of that later in the week. I didn't attend either so I'm not sure what it was or if it was any good.

Not really a comedy show, but I would not recommend "The Quest" for kids! Adults only! but it's a blast!!!

On our sailing (1/2) Ken Rush made sure to mention no kids many times. There was a family sitting in front of me. The mother and daughter (under 18) arrived when the doors opened and the husband arrived closer to show time without the son. When he arrived he said that they were not allowing anyone under 18 in. So apparently depending on when you hit the doors they may even be carding now. I didn't see it myself but it was the first time I had heard of it in any of my sailings. I know I've been going to the quest on every one of my RCCL cruises (14 on first) and never had a problem. I was even alone every time because my parents think it's stupid.

I wonder why they won't have a comedy show to accomodate everyone, my husband and I don't like going to the 18+ we just want to hear good clean comedy, is this not offered at all on the Oasis, if not that is the first thing that I am really disappointed in.

I think the lack of a family/kids show has more to do with the comedians. RCCL brings the comedians on who are used to playing in night clubs, colleges, TV, and other ships. These people have tons of adult material, I don't think any of them have family versions. On past cruises they always had the late night adult everything goes show but then during the main show they still had a disclaimer that it may not be appropriate for kids. It wasn't enforced as it is on Oasis but was more of a recommendation to cover themselves later.

I think the lack of a family/kids show has more to do with the comedians. RCCL brings the comedians on who are used to playing in night clubs, colleges, TV, and other ships. These people have tons of adult material, I don't think any of them have family versions. On past cruises they always had the late night adult everything goes show but then during the main show they still had a disclaimer that it may not be appropriate for kids. It wasn't enforced as it is on Oasis but was more of a recommendation to cover themselves later.

Comedy shows since the 1980s have always (well, 99.9% of them) been geared towards an adult audience and just like there are kids only zones and adults only pools, I think that adults should be able to enjoy an adult comedy show. I do not agree that absolutely everything on a cruise should be geared towards family time. Not trying to be controversial but, as an adult with no children, I enjoy an adult comedy show.

Archived