what happened to PUNCH anyway ???

Joie

I believe I read on the cruise critic boards that too many people were using it to mix with their smuggled booze and not buying mixed drinks from the bar. Yet another reason smuggling booze hurts those of us who don't smuggle. I always buy my drinks from the bar, but then again I am not a "heavy" drinker. I usually drink only one or two frozen rum type drinks a day. Sure wish we had fruit punch, I would drink that instead of getting a soda card.

Red punch was staining everything up so they did away with it. A long time ago on Johns blog he said it may be replaced with some other kind.I know they make fruit punch without color but nothing has been done to replace the punch.:rolleyes:

That'll probably go over about as well as the Heinz green or purple ketchup experiment a few years ago... it may taste the same but Red punch is, well... supposed to be Red!

Oh yeah I agree...the green and purple really is not very appetizing......

Even if they would have some other drink besides lemonade.....

So let me get this right...it was partially cuz they were spilled....I also see people spilling the strawberry margaritas and other bright red and blue drinks......but don't see them taking those away.

It was removed as a "free" beverage because those who smuggle booze used it for mixing drinks.

As usual' date=' the actions of a few effect all.

You can still get the punch at any bar......and pay for it.[/quote']

And you know this how? Site your source. Repeating misinformation over and over does not make it fact.

It was removed as a "free" beverage because those who smuggle booze used it for mixing drinks.

Then why don't they just do away with all juices available for free forever? And the coffee, milk and ice cream while we're at it? No longer be able to carry on sodas of our choice. Nothing free but tap water.... That should stop it all. :rolleyes:

WOW!! i've only been on these boards for a few weeks now and i'm telling you, it seems like EVERY controversial thread there is, G'ma has a voice in there... barking the total opposite and sounding as high and mighty as is possible.

i'm guessing you long-timers have run into ol' G'ma a time or two... do tell!

WOW!! i've only been on these boards for a few weeks now and i'm telling you, it seems like EVERY controversial thread there is, G'ma has a voice in there... barking the total opposite and sounding as high and mighty as is possible.

i'm guessing you long-timers have run into ol' G'ma a time or two... do tell!

LOL You are quite observent. There are a few niblets here and there worth taking note from this poster, but mostly the cob is rotten.

For our Ecstasy Jan 28 cruise, took a container of premixed punch-flavored (sugar already in the mix) drink mix just because I had read that the punch was gone and was worried I would miss it. Never opened the container. The fruit flavored orange colored juice drink available in the morning (can't remember the exact flavor) was an adequate sweet juice drink fix. Could imagine that a drink bottle filled at breakfast would last all day.

Archived