best spot on accra beach?

LynandBill

We have been to the boatyard and really liked it. This cruise we are going to try Accra Beach. Is there a better part of the beach...chairs, drinks, food? Also, wondering the cost of a taxi from cruise terminal to the beach and cost at the beach.

Thanks!

Accra is a faaaaar better choice than The Boatyard!! We were recently on Accra and it was very crowded but that was on Boxing Day. I am thinking when we go back, I will have the taxi driver drop us off at the end of the beach at Bar K'Nei. There is a restaurant right there with chairs and umbrellas and even on Boxing Day...it wasn't as crowded as the rest of the beach.

Accra is a faaaaar better choice than The Boatyard!! We were recently on Accra and it was very crowded but that was on Boxing Day. I am thinking when we go back' date=' I will have the taxi driver drop us off at the end of the beach at Bar K'Nei. There is a restaurant right there with chairs and umbrellas and even on Boxing Day...it wasn't as crowded as the rest of the beach.[/size']

That sounds nice. When we are looking at the ocean is it far right or left?

We sat down by bar Kan'ei as well. You can sit under cover at picnic tables to eat, or just take your drinks to the beach. For 3 of us we bought beer by the pitchers :) Of course there are also washrooms right there. There were chairs to rent, but we just opted for our towels and beach mats we brought. There were at least 2 other ships in that day but it wasn't crowded.

Oh, and it's on the far left end of the beach.

We sat down by bar Kan'ei as well. You can sit under cover at picnic tables to eat, or just take your drinks to the beach. For 3 of us we bought beer by the pitchers :) Of course there are also washrooms right there. There were chairs to rent, but we just opted for our towels and beach mats we brought. There were at least 2 other ships in that day but it wasn't crowded.

Oh, and it's on the far left end of the beach.

Thanks!

Bar K'Nai was a good deal. 2 chairs = 20.00 BDS.

They had umbrellas available, too. I think 5.00 BDS.

Then you can "spend" that amount at the restaurant/bar with your receipt.

In other words free chairs.

Do they accept USD? What would be the US price?

Thank you!

Bar K'Nai was a good deal. 2 chairs = 20.00 BDS.

They had umbrellas available, too. I think 5.00 BDS.

Then you can "spend" that amount at the restaurant/bar with your receipt.

In other words free chairs.

How are the prices for food and beers/drinks here? Any other

recommendations for other good places to eat on the beach?

How are the prices for food and beers/drinks here? Any other

recommendations for other good places to eat on the beach?

Right across the street and to the left in the middle of a shopping center is "Just Grillin" We had the best flying fish sandwich there.

We also had the flying fish sandwich. We got it from one of the 4 little food shacks right as you get on ACCRA beach. It was our first time trying Flying fish and it was Phenominal......As a matter of fact Im hungry for one just thinking about it.....Yummmy!

Archived