Pearl boarding this weekend Q and A

scchasgal

I will be boarding the Pearl on Sat Feb 6th. I know there have been many questions some half answers, some answers about other ships, some from cc members who haven't cruised for a year or so.

What specifically do you want me to find out about the Pearl re: changes etc. that are current?

I will make notes of what you want answers to and put them here when I return.

can pls tells us if the omelet stations are still in the buffet

Omelet stations are still there. They were not there on my Pearl cruise 2 weeks ago. When I posted that, people said that they had heard that there was a problem with the egg supplier showing up. People who went on the Pearl the week after me reported the omelet stations to be up and running just fine on their cruise, so evidently it was just a problem our week.

CG

<<What specifically do you want me to find out about the Pearl re: changes etc. that are current?>>

1. rate for weekly spa pass for couple?

2. which night is the "White Hot Party?"

3. cost for bowling?

4. entertainers (exclude the big production shows) in various venues?

5. cost for mani/pedi (wife + 2 daughters = lots of fingers & toes!)

6. Lattitudes party? If so, when, where? Worthwhile?

That's my share of Q's. Thanks for the reconnaissance...If you get caught CC members will disavow knowledge of your mission :-)

With all the changes to the Pearl in the last few weeks seems those that just got off need to tell you about the changes. There are a lot of things that use to be sitting out that you have to ask for now.

Like the big jumbo shrimp cocktail at night on the buffet. They only set out one or two at a time so many times you go by and see none.

Out of sight out of mind theory? That would save money. But just ask the guy around the salad bar area and he will get all you ask for.

Same goes for chocolate milk in the cartons. It use to sit out in areas now you have to ask for it. Don't expect to see the little gormet cheese platters on the new menu. You can still ask for it. And don't expect to see escargo, baby shrimp cocktail and creme burle on the main DR new menu. They are gone for good. And don't expect a second "dress up or not" night. It's gone. Only one official night now and usually first sea day and don't expect lobster that night either. I believe Cod was the seafood of the night. I'm sure you have read about all the other cut backs that passengers use to enjoy like the chocolate on pillow, free capacuno, free fruit basket in mini suites etc.

I just hope they get the big screen fixed for your cruise. Last week it was broken the whole week and were not sure when it would be fixed.

What big screen? Do they have a big screen on the pool deck like some of the Princess ships?

They use it for Wii and movies too. Pretty cool when it's up and running.

Spa pass is $99 per person. Not sure if there is a couples discount. I doubt it. Is it worth it? Depends on how many times you can use it.

With so much going on around the ship all week long I barely had time to use the free steam room/shower so I could not see getting my $99 worth. I think that 2 hours prior is what all cruise lines use as standard boarding time. Not true. You can get there as early as 10:30AM and they will take your bagagge for your ship. You may have to wait outside in a short line for 15 to 30 mins. but they will open the doors for check in around 11AM and then it may be 11:30 to noon before the first person walks on the ship. Peek times are from noon to 1:30. So before or after that time will get you on.

On port stops it varies from 30 to 45 min. prior to official leaving time. So if your schedule says you are in port from 8AM to 4PM you better be back on by 3:30PM. And be careful of ship time vs. local time. Nothing worse then seeing you have another hour in a bar only to find out your ship left an hour early. On tender stops they will post when the last tender leaves the port to the ship. You best be in the line at least when that time comes.

I hope you don't have travel problems getting to MIA for your 2/6 departure.

NC got clobbered with ice storm last week and significant snow is predicted for mid-Atlantic states 2/5-6. Once you get on board, everything will be that much sweeter...enjoy!

I hope you don't have travel problems getting to MIA for your 2/6 departure.

NC got clobbered with ice storm last week and significant snow is predicted for mid-Atlantic states 2/5-6. Once you get on board, everything will be that much sweeter...enjoy!

Thanks for your concern we are driving and leaving early tomorrow morning. Some of our roll call are flying in from mid Atlantic states on Saturday morning and they are concerned.

Archived