Questions about Coastal Cruises

ilovetinks

I am looking at a Coastal cruise on either NCL for Apr 24th or Princess for May 8th or 9th. Just wondering what type of weather I can expect (sorry if this seems a silly question, but I really don't know how the weather is at those times of years in California, Vancouver, etc.) and also how the seas are in those areas...really rough? I should mention that I will be between 20 - 22 weeks pregnant for those time frames, so basically I want to ensure that I won't be tossed around by rough seas, and also that I will be able to relax outside by the pool. I know it won't be Carribbean warm weather, but what can I expect? And also, any input re: NCL or Princess for Coastal is appreciated too!

Thanks!

The last PNW cruise we took in June was wonderful. The previous one in April 2003 was rough. We hit a huge storm off the coast of Oregon.

The currents come from the north and go south this makes the ride a bit bouncy. Also the Columbia river on the Oregon/Washington can effect the sea as well.

Confirm how far along you are in your pregnancy. The cruiselines won't let you sail past a certain week.

We are taking a HAL 6day in April.

We hve done two and have a third booked for this May. You are sailing in the open Pacific and the weather is a crap-shoot at that time of the year. I would go expecting moderate to heavy seas and if it is better than that then it is a bonus.

It is pretty hard to predict but this year we are having a much warmer winter than normal due to a weak El Nino this year.

I know it is causing havoc for Vancouver and the winter games which start in couple weeks. So maybe it will stay warm into the spring.

We have done many coastals - usually in the fall and we have always enjoyed them.

Archived