Buying under age child alcohol

lcmc

The only problem for some 18 year olds being old and mature enough to be adults is their parents who won't let them grow up........it's not the age of 18.....it is the parents........

18 year olds given the chance are far more then capable to handle just about anything life can throw at them........if given the chance.........

I enjoy your posts but sorry I don't agree. ;) 18 year olds are lacking a lot of life experience. Ask anyone over age 25 if they knew as much at 18 as they do now and they'll tell you no.

Like anything else, alcohol is fine in moderation and giving some to a person 18, 19 or 20 years old is NOT going to turn them into a raging alcoholic.

Hopefully not.

War is, always has been, and always will be an extension of diplomacy. Hard ball diplomacy, but still diplomacy. the USA has never understood that as well as most other countries. Here we need to be outraged to really fight a war. Iraq and Afghanistan are 'excursions.' Deadly enough, but excursions or diplomatic undertakings. That's why there is so much resistance to them, we are not outraged as a nation. Most countries have and have had wars to accomplish a certain specific purpose. We have wars "To End All Wars," and "To Make The World Safe For Democracy!" They worked out well didn't they.

Humans are very violent animals, always have been, always will be.

It has nothing to do with drinking.

War is about testosterone. :p

I enjoy your posts but sorry I don't agree. ;) 18 year olds are lacking a lot of life experience. Ask anyone over age 25 if they knew as much at 18 as they do now and they'll tell you no.

Hopefully not.

and if you ask anyone over the age of 50 if they knew as much as when they were 25, the answer would be NO. ;)

No one should go to war until they're at LEAST 75 :D oops, by then there isn't much testosterone left...so no need for any war then!!

There ya go...world peace. :)

At what age should they start getting the experience? 30:confused: Knowledge and maturity comes from life experiences.......I gotta tell you what I have been going thru personally in just the last few weeks have taught me more then you can imagine.....I know so much more then I did just 2 weeks ago;) And I am alot older then 25:p

So ... can anyone distill, in two sentences or less, what the current legal age for enlistment in the armed forces, the procurement of life experience, why nations go to war, and motorcycle accidents have to do with Carnival's policy of not allowing the under-21 crowd to drink with or without parental consent?

So ... can anyone distill, in two sentences or less, what the current legal age for enlistment in the armed forces, the procurement of life experience, why nations go to war, and motorcycle accidents have to do with Carnival's policy of not allowing the under-21 crowd to drink with or without parental consent?

It's all McNabb's fault.

Nothing but it just shows some people can't cut the apron strings:D:p

Sentence 1. Choices, right or wrong, choices!

Sentence 2. Maturity, having it or not, maturity!

(and I did it in 2 sentences) Ha Ha

Thought of another;

Carnival does not want anyone under 21 getting drunk, and throwing up in the pool, then killing people while having an armed forces flash back, and while everyone is running to hide, they fall down the stairs and break their leg (like in a motorcycle accident)

didn't think I could tie them all together did you.

Ha Ha

I think this thread is getting way off topic.

can my 20 year old son have a beer or not?

What has worked for me with my 4 kids is very simple...."You don't need lots of friends"...just a few good ones

and

Making sure you keep them occupied at vulnerable times, such as:

1. Weekend nights....just make sure that understand that is prime homework time

2. Weekday afternoons.....just remind them that is prime family time with their sibs...and nice snack time...and relaxation time

3. Summers...just find camps that go until age 14...give them a passion like Ice skating or tennis...get them good at it...get to know the instructors..and viola...you have a job for your 14yo at the summer camps in those sports

4. Weeknights....prime homework...sports practices etc.

5. Weekend days...prime school sports activity time...and go to their games as well

6. Encourage afterschool activities like joing the school play cast

And for the parents....remind them that New Year's Eve is a family holiday and on a Saturday night ask them to join you for dinner at a restaurant...make it a family outing most times

Yes, I know parents need to be away from the kids and vice versa....but face it..how many parents do you know who are out painting the town every Saturday night? And how are their kids doing if they are out each weekend? I cann tell you that those parents and those kids are not part of our life....for good reason

An occasional time away from kids...of course....but the majority of time spent with the kids....goes without say:)

I suggest you just tip an extra few dollars each time you buy your underage child a drink, afterall, other posters suggest in other threads that with the right tip you can bring an entire bar onboard.:eek:

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

P.S. To anyone who takes the above post seriously, please don't. I just find it interesting that people will tip more (frequently more than the amount saved by smuggling liquor) in order to save money on alcohol purchases aboard ship.

What has worked for me with my 4 kids is very simple...."You don't need lots of friends"...just a few good ones

and

Making sure you keep them occupied at vulnerable times, such as:

1. Weekend nights....just make sure that understand that is prime homework time

2. Weekday afternoons.....just remind them that is prime family time with their sibs...and nice snack time...and relaxation time

3. Summers...just find camps that go until age 14...give them a passion like Ice skating or tennis...get them good at it...get to know the instructors..and viola...you have a job for your 14yo at the summer camps in those sports

4. Weeknights....prime homework...sports practices etc.

5. Weekend days...prime school sports activity time...and go to their games as well

6. Encourage afterschool activities like joing the school play cast

And for the parents....remind them that New Year's Eve is a family holiday and on a Saturday night ask them to join you for dinner at a restaurant...make it a family outing most times

Yes, I know parents need to be away from the kids and vice versa....but face it..how many parents do you know who are out painting the town every Saturday night? And how are their kids doing if they are out each weekend? I cann tell you that those parents and those kids are not part of our life....for good reason

An occasional time away from kids...of course....but the majority of time spent with the kids....goes without say:)

So then by 20 will they be mature enough to drink a beer on a cruise ship:confused:

Can I buy beer for my 18 years old son on the ship? I know here in Ohio it is legal for parent, guardian or spouce of legal age to by it for them. Please no negative responses about this being wrong. Please keep opinions to yourself.

OK. No opine necessary here but I do have 1 question for you.

Have you ever watched the flick titled 'Idiocracy!'

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not Sure

So then by 20 will they be mature enough to drink a beer on a cruise ship:confused:

Don't you know me by now? I like laws and rules.....it is simple...21 is underage as far as Carnival is concerned....no need for any debate on that fact.

Now why would you think...based on any of the posts I have ever made....I would think 20 is mature enough?

My way of raising responsible children is to guide them......and not sugar coat anything...let them see reality...censor very little...and to give the proper advice that a parent should give a child...such as....."pick your friends carefully".....and always know their parents......but I would never encourage them to break a rule or law....

my 15yo was asked to go on a cruise with a girl from her school next August....because the mother of that kid wanted a companion for her daughter...and now get this...the mom...her friend..and the girls would share a cabin....and the mom would have a companion..and so would the kid......and they were driving...right..I am letting someone I do not know drive my child from NY to Florida for a 4 day cruise:confused:.......thegirls were and are not great friends...it was just that the mom needed an answer asap in order to get early saver. I do not know this woman..and I don't care if she is Mother Theresa....but the fact is that I would never be able to know this mom well enough by August to send my child out of state..out of the country......and by car for 1100 miles no less. So you ask why I wouldn't trust my daughter then? I do trust my daughter...because I have taught her right from wrong and danger from safety...and btw, she was glad I said no...and since she knows that I enourage travel, she actually thought that I would push her to go.....and the reason she told me about the offer in the first place is that she didn't want to keep it from me...she wanted me to know she got the offer.

Call me a mom who keeps her young sheltered...or a mom who keeps her kids safe or better yet...a mom who knows the dangers that may lie ahead...or how about this... a mom who takes her own family on cruises...so that they don't need to rely on others to give them a vacation. But my favorite and the one that I have been complimented with many times over the last 20 years.....a mom who sees the situation clearly.

I know I went off here but it irks me when people think that all kids are bad or when a parent knows whats going on and guides their kids that they are being overprotective..or..when a perent of a good kid get comments like...they all drink you know.....what I do know is that they don't all drink

Don't you know me by now? I like laws and rules.....it is simple...21 is underage as far as Carnival is concerned....no need for any debate on that fact.

Now why would you think...based on any of the posts I have ever made....I would think 20 is mature enough?

My way of raising responsible children is to guide them......and not sugar coat anything...let them see reality...censor very little...and to give the proper advice that a parent should give a child...such as....."pick your friends carefully".....and always know their parents......but I would never encourage them to break a rule or law....

my 15yo was asked to go on a cruise with a girl from her school next August....because the mother of that kid wanted a companion for her daughter...and now get this...the mom...her friend..and the girls would share a cabin....and the mom would have a companion..and so would the kid......and they were driving...right..I am letting someone I do not know drive my child from NY to Florida for a 4 day cruise:confused:.......thegirls were and are not great friends...it was just that the mom needed an answer asap in order to get early saver. I do not know this woman..and I don't care if she is Mother Theresa....but the fact is that I would never be able to know this mom well enough by August to send my child out of state..out of the country......and by car for 1100 miles no less. So you ask why I wouldn't trust my daughter then? I do trust my daughter...because I have taught her right from wrong and danger from safety...and btw, she was glad I said no...and since she knows that I enourage travel, she actually thought that I would push her to go.....and the reason she told me about the offer in the first place is that she didn't want to keep it from me...she wanted me to know she got the offer.

Call me a mom who keeps her young sheltered...or a mom who keeps her kids safe or better yet...a mom who knows the dangers that may lie ahead...or how about this... a mom who takes her own family on cruises...so that they don't need to rely on others to give them a vacation. But my favorite and the one that I have been complimented with many times over the last 20 years.....a mom who sees the situation clearly.

I know I went off here but it irks me when people think that all kids are bad or when a parent knows whats going on and guides their kids that they are being overprotective..or..when a perent of a good kid get comments like...they all drink you know.....what I do know is that they don't all drink

Excellent post C6. The most common sense in a post today.

It is legal in Texas. It must be served to the parent. Check TABC.

No, its not legal (Im surprised its legal in Ohio?? wow). .. but Im sure people do it. Buy it yourself and the waiter will look the other way. Its not like they will follow you around either.

I think over 18, its legal in Europe, but no where else before someone points out europe cruises its legal.

Archived