transportation from mia to downtown hotel

momtothree

My husband and I are taking a 3 night cruise from Miami - it's a little getaway for us - our kids tell us that we NEVER go anywhere - they're probably right! So, we're going this.

Okay, here's my question. We are flying into MIA the day before the cruise. From what I'm reading, we should book a hotel in downtown Miami if we want to be able to do anything before the cruise. What is the best way to get from the airport to a downtown hotel? I am assuming a cab is the best option. If so, approximately what would the cost be? Next, I'm guessing it is best to take a cab from the downtown hotel to the pier? Finally, after the cruise, we are staying an extra night in Miami. So, I'm assuming our best bet is to take a cab from the pier to a downtown hotel and then another cab from the hotel back to the airport the next day?

Sorry, I'm rambling. I guess my main question is what is the best option for getting from the airport to a downtown Miami hotel and what is the approximate cost? Thank you so much!

From what I'm reading, we should book a hotel in downtown Miami if we want to be able to do anything before the cruise.

There is actually very little for visitors to do in downtown Miami except visit the Bayside Marketplace, and walking around after dark can be unnerving. I think you'll have a much better time, and see more of what people think of as Miami if you stay across the bay in Miami Beach (a separate city), specifically in South Beach.

Come on over to South Beach, absolutely beautiful All those tropical shots you see on TV are from Mia Beach. Downtown Miami is a rather sterile boring business area. I would not go there at night, scary. Not really a tourist area.

Forgot about our new bus #150. Airport-S.Beach-$2.35! Only 4 stops. Look it up Miamidade gov.com Courtesy of grant from Feds. Big blue bus runs from airport to Lincoln Rd and Washington every 1/2 hr.Washington is 2blks to beach. Lincoln is about 16th Street. Taxi is $35 m/l, so this is a deal. Lots of smaller affordable hotels reviewed on Trip Advisor.Look for Ocean Dr. and Collins Ave. addresses below 20th Street.

Archived