Wet & Wild Deposit?

judyf

I'm in the process of booikng the shark ray alley snorkeling tour with this company. I've been e-mailing them back and forth.

I'm confirming our tour and they want a CC deposit of 20%.

Has anyone done this tour with this company? Details? PLEASE!

Also has anyone paid the deposit and then the ship couldn't make the port? Did you get your deposit back?

I book private tours in almost all our ports on cruises. This is the first time I've been asked for a deposit. All the others we have paid when we arrive, most even after the tour has been completed.

Appreciate any info on this.

Thanks

We have used Wet n Wild and made a 20% CC deposit over the computer. They basically used it to hold a spot for us and we were asked to sign the receipt when we arrived. They didn't process it until the day of our tour. Also, I was told that if the ship could not make the port or you became ill, etc., the deposit would not be kept. It's just to insure that you will make every effort to fulfill your commitment to be on the tour you signed up for. I have heard a couple people say that their ship did not make the port and that Wet n Wild did not keep their deposit. I hope that helps you! I really think they are an upstanding company and we had an amazing time with them when we visited Belize.

The Elation was the second of three ships in the anchoring area but the last to get its (non-Carnival tours) tender ashore, a not unusual event. We were something like 20-30 minutes beyond pick-up time. The van had already left but Marvin literally raced to his car, picked us up and caught the van just beyond the light house. I thought there would be others in the same boat (to coin a phrase) but, my son and I were the only two from that ship in a tour that consisted of thirteen people.

Also, the meal at the Amigo's was really tasty and I really enjoyed slaw, chicken and red beans and rice....this coming from someone raised on New Orleans styled red beans and rice. Not exactly the same, but just as tasty. Charlie did a good job as a guide and his frequent stops to discuss items in the rain forest prevented anyone from getting winded. (In ten months, I'll be Medicare eligible.)

I owe this testimonial to Marvin for waiting for us....and at that time, he said that should be his payment for waiting. ;)

That's strange, I wonder if their policy has changed. I could see them putting a hold on the amount of the deposit to make sure that the money was available, but I didn't sign the credit card slip until the day we arrived at the tour. Hmmmmmmmm! Maybe if Marvin is out there he can clear up the quesiton.

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from Belize on the windsurf. I would not book with wet and wild. We were the 1st people off our ship when we finally found Marvins booth he said we were late and the group had left without us. It was 9:10 a.m. We had our confirmationwith us. He showed us his appointment book showing our credit card number was not valid. I did not bring my card with me on shore because of leaving things in the van. So, I had no way to prove my number to him. He did not suggest we pay cash and he would still take us.Basically, we were out of a trip and hopefully, won't see a charge on my credit card statement. We were the only 2 names on his book for the day. We think it was not worth it to him to take two of us. In the end we found someone to take us but, it was short because four people in the group had to be on their ship at 3:30 our last tender was at 5:30. It was almost !0:00 a.m. by the time we left. Booking independant may work well if you are on a large ship or with a group. But, we were two on a ship with 300 passengers. Also, Belize was on a work slow down (strike) which I don't know affected this.

Archived