Help me decide what to do next winter cruise

hlb76

I was really thinking next winter we would try to do a B2B. I really enjoyed out 7 days cruise this year. I thought a B2B would be a fun way to get 1) a longer cruise for a fair price 2) get credit for 2 cruises in one vacation 3) would be fun to stay onboard when others have to leave.

I have started to look and not really seeing a lot that excited me. Many go to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios twice in 4 years. I could find new exciting things to do I'm sure. Or they go to the Bahamas both cruises. That might not be too exciting.

I did see Freedom out of FLL that looks nice. Lots of sea days and new ports for me. I dont know anything about Costa Rica and Panama though. Thats scares and excites me all the same. But I am a researcher so wont take long to gain knowledge.

The B2B are normally cheaper which I like. I hate to be cheap on VACAYSHUAN ( anyone on Liberty lately will get that joke) but I like to find ways to save so we can spend elsewhere.

Any suggestion or comments or experiences you can share will be great.

Try to find a 14 day cruise .We did it on the GRAND last Jan .Weather was GREAT I recommend longer cruises because of different ports .Southern Carib is really nice

Try leaving from SJU or Barbados

Hawaii might be a good choice too

I would love to do a 14 day or longer. But I dont have that kind of flexability at work. I also can't pull the kids out of school for that long. Making up the 5 days they missed this year is quitre a chore. My oldest will be a 10th grader next year so each year it gets harder to make it all up and stay on top of getting good grades.

We live in MN so no matter what flying is in order. I have not looked at rates for flying to places other than Mia in a while. When I have looked into it in the past Mia had the best rates.

We try to keep our vaction budget at right around $3,000 - $4,000 for air and cruise fare. This year we did go a bit over to do the 7 day. One day they kids will stay home so we can afford more right now w/ a family of 4 we watch our pennies. :o

I was really thinking next winter we would try to do a B2B. I really enjoyed out 7 days cruise this year. I thought a B2B would be a fun way to get 1) a longer cruise for a fair price 2) get credit for 2 cruises in one vacation 3) would be fun to stay onboard when others have to leave.

I have started to look and not really seeing a lot that excited me. Many go to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios twice in 4 years. I could find new exciting things to do I'm sure. Or they go to the Bahamas both cruises. That might not be too exciting.

I did see Freedom out of FLL that looks nice. Lots of sea days and new ports for me. I dont know anything about Costa Rica and Panama though. Thats scares and excites me all the same. But I am a researcher so wont take long to gain knowledge.

The B2B are normally cheaper which I like. I hate to be cheap on VACAYSHUAN ( anyone on Liberty lately will get that joke) but I like to find ways to save so we can spend elsewhere.

Any suggestion or comments or experiences you can share will be great.

We have done a number of b2b and they are not cheaper. On a 4/3 we paid more for the 3 day cruise than the 4 day. On 7 day b2b we paid the same for each 7 day. There is no break for b2b.

Archived