I need help!! Please....

KG1924

Ok, so we're getting married in St. Thomas in October and we are using a coordinator from the island. The plan all along was to get married at St. Peters Greathouse up high on the island and then bring our group (about 60 of us) down to the beach for pics and drinks. Well, we found out a couple weeks ago that St. Peters does not hold weddings on Tuesdays, which is when we will be in St. Thomas. Long story short, we need to find a new location and fast! We would really love to be married somewhere high up on the island. I love the look of a beach wedding but I need to wear heels! I've been searching myself and the island coordinator is only giving me options down on the beach. Any other ideas? I've even considered renting a villa, but there's usually a one week minimum and that would be way out of our budget!! Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Kim

We are chartering a 65ft sailboat with lunch and an open bar for 4 hours.....Heading over to St John and getting married on Honeymoon beach. We are getting married in March of 2011. So we still have 13 more months.

• 4 weeks later...

I suggest you mention tactfully to your wedding co-ordinator that there are many other companies on the island who can either do a gazebo, garden wedding, sail boat or catermaran and you'd like them to look into them.

However it depends on what is in your contract - check it carefully. Emerald Beach Resort has a hotel and outside areas as well as the beach.

here is another example:

http://www.islandweddingservices.com/locations.htm

Archived