Splendor rear dining room

Carnival AZIPOD

Just got off the Splendor.... beautiful ship!

I found having dinner in the rear MDR a bit shaky. When sailing, the whole dining room feels like a little jerky with a corkscrew-like effect, not to mention the rumbling.

Is this normal? I've stayed in the lowest level rear cabins on the Fantasy-class ships before and experienced nothing like this.

What could it be? Is it the stream of the waves striking the stern of the ship?

This will be my wife's 1st cruise. We were originally booked on the Feb. 28th Splendor sailing, but because she will be starting a new job March 1st, we moved the cruise up a bit. We will be on the Splendor Feb. 7th. The only rooms available were on deck 11. I hope the vibration/motion won't be too noticeable. Any thoughts on the Spa Balcony rooms?

This will be my wife's 1st cruise. We were originally booked on the Feb. 28th Splendor sailing, but because she will be starting a new job March 1st, we moved the cruise up a bit. We will be on the Splendor Feb. 7th. The only rooms available were on deck 11. I hope the vibration/motion won't be too noticeable. Any thoughts on the Spa Balcony rooms?

We just booked this cruise last minute. Got a great deal on a spa balcony room. From the research I have done I think they are going to be great rooms, and I am really looking forward to the spa access that we get with the room. I am also interested in the motion on this deck. It won't bother me as I have been on a much smaller ship in very rough seas and was fine, but my mother is going with me and she is a bit worried.

Just got off the Splendor.... beautiful ship!

I found having dinner in the rear MDR a bit shaky. When sailing, the whole dining room feels like a little jerky with a corkscrew-like effect, not to mention the rumbling.

Is this normal? I've stayed in the lowest level rear cabins on the Fantasy-class ships before and experienced nothing like this.

What could it be? Is it the stream of the waves striking the stern of the ship?

We actually had lots of vibration on the Pride and the Spirit, but only when the seas aren't completely flat. The first night out on the Spirit we were with a bunch of friends, some newbies and they said, what's going on, I said it would lessen as we went farther south and it did, but it was pretty bad the first night. We were in an aft wrap-around balcony suite on the Pride and the vibration was so bad the whole time I had to get up every night to move glass things away from each other all the time so they wouldn't rattle and keep me awake. Didn't notice so much on the Splendor, but then we weren't in the right spots I guess.

We actually had lots of vibration on the Pride and the Spirit, but only when the seas aren't completely flat. The first night out on the Spirit we were with a bunch of friends, some newbies and they said, what's going on, I said it would lessen as we went farther south and it did, but it was pretty bad the first night. We were in an aft wrap-around balcony suite on the Pride and the vibration was so bad the whole time I had to get up every night to move glass things away from each other all the time so they wouldn't rattle and keep me awake. Didn't notice so much on the Splendor, but then we weren't in the right spots I guess.

I'm curious to find out if the vibration is mechanical or hydrodynamics related.

I tend to really like the forward staterooms. I actually like the up/down pitching motion but what I really like more is that the forward staterooms are so quiet! I was on a Princess ship once (where everyone sleeps at 9pm!) and I recall saying to myself that the room was as quiet as a library!

I'm curious to find out if the vibration is mechanical or hydrodynamics related.

I tend to really like the forward staterooms. I actually like the up/down pitching motion but what I really like more is that the forward staterooms are so quiet! I was on a Princess ship once (where everyone sleeps at 9pm!) and I recall saying to myself that the room was as quiet as a library!

That's a good question. All I can say is the first night there was a bad vibration on the Spirit in the aft dining room and the seas were definitely rougher than any other night. The rest of that cruise we had almost glass seas and the ride was better so I was assuming it was related to the seas.

We were in a relatively forward cabin on the Splendor and were skirting Hurricane Rick last October and I woke up one morning with the front of the ship really pitching and I was a bit queasy which was a first for me, but I felt better after a little breakfast and being in a different part of the ship and the seas were calming as we went.

Archived