What brand of scooter?

barberesr

Just bought an Elite Go Go traveller scooter for my wife. As previously commented it comes apart very easy and is very transportable. My DW loves it. We are taking it on a cruise for the first time in March 2011. How do we get it on the ship??

Just ride it on. The only issue I had with mine was the end of the ramp on the ship side and then again on the same side disembarking. It bottomed out, but if I just stood up a bit and kind of helped it over it was not a big problem. Don't worry. It will go real smooth.

I just saw this post about the Luggie and am I pleasently surprised about how innovative and up to date this scooter seems to be. In fact, my DH was so excited he almost purchased one as soon as he found a ideal price. Other then holding him down I suggested we search for more reviews to make sure this is the right scooter for our travel needs. Has anyone seen reviews of this anywhere? If so, please offer your assistance.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone:D

I am taking my mom on her first cruise for her 70th birthday.

We are taking her go go elite scooter.

Is it hard to get a taxi to the port when you have a scooter? and vice versa? Is it best to take it apart?

We have a assessible cabin for our B2B cruise on the Solstice so they will meet us when we check in to help her onto the ship.

Any advice or tips would be great.;)

Thanks

Carrie

It can be gate checked and it doesn't count towards your carryon or checked luggage count. It is transported for free. In fact I wouldn't recommend any other way.

One thing to note that a lot of people do not know is that the airline MUST return the scooter or wheelchair to you in the condition you left it for them. If the airline damages or breaks anything on the scooter, they have to pay for the repairs and for another rental while yours is being fixed. If it can't be fixed the airline MUST pay for a brand new one and not at a depreciated rate. If you bought your scooter 3 years ago and it cost you $500 then, but now a equivalent model costs $1500, it is the $1500 that they have to pay. Check out the TSA site for more info on what is the responsibility of the airline in regard to medical equipment, which is what a scooter is classified as.

I was just looking at what mine weighs today and with the battery, fully assembled it weighs 115.5 pounds. When broke down the heaviest piece weighs 39lbs (the rear wheel section).

This actually happened to me on Southwest in Las Vegas. They had a loaner for me in less than an hour. We were there for a week. Mine was repaired and ready for me by the time we went home, and they had truly broken it. Do watch out though. The guy who fixed it claimed he'd had to replace my bad batteries (at my cost). That would have been fine, except that those batteries were only about 2 months old.

Archived