Please Help Me Pick Which Cruise

ppfqp

My parents are planning an Alaskan cruisetour for this summer. It will be them and another couple. Let's just say they are older ... and wiser ... couples -- grandparents.

They are trying to decide between Island Princess and Statendam. Pricewise, they are both about the same.

The Statendam itinerary is an 11-day southbound: Anchorage, McKinley Explorer to Fairbanks, McKinley Explorer Rail to Fairbanks, Anchorage, College Fjord Scenic Cruising\, Glacier Bay Scenic Cruising, Haines, Juneau, Ketchikan, Scenic Cruising Inside Passage, Disembark in Vancouver

The Island Princess itinerary is a 10-night Direct to the Wilderness tour: Anchorage, Anchorage/Mt. McKinley, Mt. McKinley/Denali, Denali/Whittier, Anchorage, Hubbard Glacier scenic cruising, Glacier Bay National Park scenic cruising, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, At Sea, Vancouver

Can anyone offer any insight into which of these would be a better option? Is there anything to recommend one ship over the other?

Thanks for any info!

Both HAL and Princess are the best lines in Alaska due to experience and both having permits in Glacier Bay. Princess is going to both Hubbard and Glacier bay on select SB itineraries, such as the one that you are looking at.

I'd look at the amount of time each ship is staying in port. Plus I would seriously consider taking the option that includes 2 nights in Denali, with Princess that would be the Denali Princess.

Either way you won't go wrong, you may want to look at the Coral Princess July 26th (FB5) itinerary. This includes 2 nights Fairbanks, 2 nights Denali, 1 night McKinley, then the SB cruise.

Archived