SPB - Red October - Optional Evening Programs

We have booked the Regent Voyager cruise for July 11-18. We will be in St. Petersburg July 13-15. We are looking at hiring Red October for the day tours but also might be interested in one of their evening tours. Has anyone done any of the following:

Russian Culinary & Culture Tour - visit Farmers Market, dinner with Russian Family, etc.

Evening Folklore Show - the Cossacks of St. Petersburg

White Nights Evening Tour

Thanks so much for any help.

Karen

Well, to be honest with you, out of our group of four, only one went on an evening tour. The rest of us fell into bed after an exhausting day of touring. The one who went out for the evening could hardly stay awake for the next days tour! It depends, of course, on how much stamina you have and how determined you are to make the best use of time!!

We arranged with Denrus on our own for a tour of a big market complex and then their Lunch With a Russian Family and we loved it. But it was part of our day tour, not an additional thing in the evening.

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/baltic.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Mike, loved your review of St. Petersburg. We've just sent a request to Denrus so it was nice to see your excellent reviews about them. We do have three days in St. Petersburg so that definitely helps.

Thanks for your info regarding your Russian lunch. We may do something like that instead of in the evening.

Karen

Hi Karen

We had two days in SPB last Aug and we did two full days touring with SPB Tours (Viktoria). There were four of us. The couple we were with went back to the ship after the first day's tour but my DH and I wanted to do something that evening so Viktoria arranged for us to go to see a Folkloric Show (all tourists there). It was a really great time and yes we were very tired but having a private driver and guide I think made it possible for us. We got back to the ship a little before 10:00 pm and the sun was just setting :) The next day was not bad at all, that evening we were back on ship by 5:30 (we sailed at 6:00) and we took it easy that evening. We wanted to make the most of our two days, and we are glad we did. Trip of a lifetime! Whatever you decide, I know you will have a blast:)

Debbie

I would contact Viktoria with SPB tours--- http://www.spb-tours.com/flash.html. On that page you will see a few buttons towards the bottom of the page, one a Two day tour, the other a package tour. with the package tour, you get everything mentioned. With the two day tour, you can chose any of the selected packages that meet your requirements. But first email SPB, specifically Viktoria, explain to her what your needs are, what you are looking for, and ASK HER what would be best for you. She is very nice and will help you plan the way to go. SPB one and two day tours are excellent and their prices are very competive.

Archived