Taking guests on board for dinner at Juneau

Gmeg

We have friends who are travelling on Holland America at the same time as our 26 May Alaska cruise on the Navigator. On 31 May both ships will be at Juneau. Navigator arives at 7.30 pm and Zuiderdam leaves at 10.30 pm. We were thinking of joining our friends for dinner. Does anyone know if we can invite friends to join us on the Navigator and if there is a set charge for this.

Also at Juneau is there likely to be pier docking for both ships as this is relevant to whether we have time to meet up for dinner anyway or whether we will only have time for a quick coffee

We had friends on board in San Francisco a couple of years ago. You have to coordinate it with Regent and provide documentation information in advance. There was a charge for the meal but I don't remember how much.

We brought three guests on board Voyager in Rio on 12/1/09. Had to get advanced approval from Regent. Our wonderful TA handled the details. In our case, we needed to get the passport numbers of our guests. They were all Brazilians. About a months before the date approval was granted for them to board as early as 2:00 pm and to stay until as late as 11:00 pm. The charge, billed to our on board account, was $50pp, quite reasonable IMO. We plan to invite a guest on board NaVIGATOR in San Diego this May. Pat

Don;t know how it works on the Navigator, but when I have been on the Voyager, I have been able to make arrangements on the ship to have guests. I filled out the form from reception giving all the necessary info and then the staff captain would have to approve it. I forgot how many days in advance that you have to do it.

We had guests on the Mariner in San Diego.

Our TA helped us with the proper forms.

Did it way before and had it completed and approved

30 days before the beginning of the cruise.

Even had time to give the guests a copy of the form

and bring with them.

Archived