Are microwaves available to heat toddler/baby food?

milodoc

My 2yr old only eats gerber graduates. I was wondering if there

will be anyplace to heat them? Thanks

Thats a lot of food to pack,, have you considered just mashing or chopping food with a fork ?? I just read an article on the Gerbers Graduates and it said the sodium was sky high,,( just a thought,, its time to change).

We brought Milipua ( a type of baby cereal my chld loved ,,you mix with formula, water or milk) for my 22 month old,, but relied on ships food mostly. The dining room staff were great , they brought small bowls of steamed plain veggies for us to chop up etc.. so it worked really well.

I don't recall seeing a microwave onboard any Princess or Carnival ship.,. but I honestly haven't looked for one,, so may be there will be. You should go on the forum for the paricular cruiseline you are taking and ask there,, and specify which ship.. they can all have different features. Good luck .

We took our family, which included a 13 month old grand-daughter. Princess, at that time, offered baby food if you contacted them about it specifically.That being said, we found that she was eating directly from the menu at every meal. Small servings of fish, steamed vegetables, etc. Our table servers always had the cutest little bread animals ready on her place setting each night to keep her entertained. We only used the Gerber's food a couple of times.

Upon arriving back at home after the cruise, she never went back to baby food.

Now's the time to "graduate" to real food...at 2, it shouldn't be a problem! If he won't eat regular food for a meal or two, he will NOT starve himself...guaranteed. He'll start eating tablefood as soon as he gets hungry enough.

There are no microwaves for passenger use.

My girls were 13 months on their first cruise and we ended up not using any of the baby food that Princess provided. We had all our meals in the dining room it was a great way for them to get to try all kinds of new foods - steamed veggies, soups that had been drained, meatballs, pasta, potato, etc., etc.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Some ships offer microwaves in the largest suites (ex. Celebrity Mercury Penthouse)...that is an expensive microwave. Either get jar babyfood from the waitstaff or have them prepare a pureed mixture of fruits or vegetables. If you ask the Matire'd, they'll have it for you every night.

Archived