Where to stay in Seattle

Thomas82

I will be taking my first Alaskan Cruise with my senior mother (82) and four woman family members (including three seniors all together). Can anyone suggest a nice hotel to stay in in Seattle during May. Would prefer shuttle option from airport and to cruise port if possible. If not an option at least a reasonably priced hotel in a safe neighbourhood with reasonable priced restaurants close by. Not sure how much taxi will cost from aiport or to pier.

thank you.

I will be taking my first Alaskan Cruise with my senior mother (82) and four woman family members (including three seniors all together). Can anyone suggest a nice hotel to stay in in Seattle during May. Would prefer shuttle option from airport and to cruise port if possible. If not an option at least a reasonably priced hotel in a safe neighbourhood with reasonable priced restaurants close by. Not sure how much taxi will cost from aiport or to pier.

thank you.

When ar eyou going in May?

We got a really great rate at the Quality Inn Suites. It is on St. John St. and we have been told it is close to the monorail. They do not list it but when I talked to them they do have an Airport Shuttle and Shuttle to pier for a fee.

I called Marriott today and their Marriott Waterfront is right across the street from the Cruise Terminal for NCL. The front desk clerk said that you can walk right across the street and won't need transportation.

Are you flying into SEA? I'm currently doing research for flying into SEA and a decent hotel price with the transportation to the pier. Walking across the street isn't bad - but would your mother be able to walk it?

If you find decent transportation from SEA to a hotel, would you mind sharing what you learn about that, too? Thanks!

thank you.

You don't say which cruise line you are sailing on. That will make a BIG difference. X and NCL sail from Pier 66 which is right downtown, but HAL, Princess and Carnival sail from Terminal 91 which is (both literally and figuratively) "out in the middle of nowhere several miles north of downtown. Let's start there and work on out.

pier 91 is maybe 1 to 1 1/2 miles north of pier 66. To describe it as being in the middle of nowhere is sort of giving the wrong impression. Its maybe one mile from the Space Needle. If you mean is there a hotel across the street then the answer is no but its certainly not out in the boonies.

Thank you for the responses. It took me awhile how to figure out where to find these posts. We will be on the Norwegian Star on May 8th.

I did find a Days Inn which has complimentary breakfast and shuttle to airport which we are considering.

We are staying at Homewood Suites on Pike Street for our cruise to Alaska. They are a suite hotel and have the suites with a kitchen. You can check out the reviews online. They also serve a good breakfast according to the reviews.

We will be staying after our NCL Star cruise in May. It has shuttle to airport and breakfast so I am hoping it will be ok.

Days Inn Seattle /Tacoma International Airport

19015 Intl Blvd So Hwy 99

Seattle, WA 98188

rooms from $72

We are located 3 blocks South of the Seatac airport, 20 minutes from downtown Seattle, and 10 minutes from major shopping areas, the Days Inn Seatac is the ideal location to accommodate all of your travel plans. We offer complimentary 24 hour airport shuttle, free high-speed wireless internet, complimentary continental breakfast, and a variety of room types to fit your specific needs. Within walking distance to recreation, numerous dining choices and Angle Lake Park, the Days Inn Seatac is the preferred choice for leisure and business travelers visiting the Seattle area. Gym/Fitness Center. Whether you want to relax in our luxurious private Jacuzzi rooms, are traveling on business and would like to take advantage of our fax, copy, and high-speed internet access, or are on a family vacation in need of a room equipped with kitchenette and 2 comfortable queen sized beds, the Days Inn Seatac is there to make you feel welcome. The Days Inn Seatac is a clean property with modern amenities, friendly staff, and a convenient location. We look forward to extending our hospitality to you. At this A plus rated Days Inn, every guest is a VIP guest

We will be staying after our NCL Star cruise in May. It has shuttle to airport and breakfast so I am hoping it will be ok.

Days Inn Seattle /Tacoma International Airport

19015 Intl Blvd So Hwy 99

Seattle, WA 98188

rooms from $72

We are located 3 blocks South of the Seatac airport, 20 minutes from downtown Seattle, and 10 minutes from major shopping areas, the Days Inn Seatac is the ideal location to accommodate all of your travel plans. We offer complimentary 24 hour airport shuttle, free high-speed wireless internet, complimentary continental breakfast, and a variety of room types to fit your specific needs. Within walking distance to recreation, numerous dining choices and Angle Lake Park, the Days Inn Seatac is the preferred choice for leisure and business travelers visiting the Seattle area. Gym/Fitness Center. Whether you want to relax in our luxurious private Jacuzzi rooms, are traveling on business and would like to take advantage of our fax, copy, and high-speed internet access, or are on a family vacation in need of a room equipped with kitchenette and 2 comfortable queen sized beds, the Days Inn Seatac is there to make you feel welcome. The Days Inn Seatac is a clean property with modern amenities, friendly staff, and a convenient location. We look forward to extending our hospitality to you. At this A plus rated Days Inn, every guest is a VIP guest

airport hotels have no convenience to anything in downtown. Its about 17 miles. If you want a place to sleep then drive to pier I guess its ok but no bargain if your interested in sightseeing Seattle.

Just bid on Priceline and got stuck with Siver Cloud Stadium...not what I was hoping for!

Am I going to be disappointed with hotel/location??

Safe to walk - eat out at night etc??

Memorial weekend so I guess I took a gamble.... bid was $95 by the way

Mal2105,

I too am looking for a Mem wkend 2night pre cruise hotel and was contemplating a Priceline bid. Guess I'm gonna bite the bullet and book a hotel directly from a hotel chain site. Wish I could help you on your concerns, but I'm not familiar with the area either. What ship are you sailing on?

~B~

I think you'll be quite satisfied. It's a very new hotel (maybe 3 years old) and the chain has an excellent reputation. The baseball team (stadium across the street) is out of town that weekend, and so is the soccer team (other stadium, behind the hotel) so crowds won't be an issue; there's bus transport at the door, or light rail a block or two away, and there are a couple of quite decent places to eat close by, including the Pyramid Alehouse diagonally across the street - http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/seattle.

Edited to add - check out http://www.biddingfortravel.com or http://www.betterbidding.com for pointers and results of bids using PL or Hotwire. I personally would only bid at the 4-star level as some of the hotels listed on BFT as 3- or 3 1/2 star hotels might be cheaper with direct bookings.

Thanks Gardy... I guess I'll have to chance it - not bad value I suppose. Safe walk to Pioneer Sq/Chinatown? Alehouse looks inviting..!! (we Aussies love a brew...)

You're more or less in Pioneer Square at that hotel, and the International District (aka Chinatown) is an easy walk. I wouldn't worry about walking in that area in the daytime or early evening (it won't get dark until around 9 pm that time of year). Some people get nervous about the neighborhood because it has are a fair number of homeless people (there are several soup kitchens and shelters within a few blocks), but in my experience, there's little to worry about--they'll mostly ignore you and the ones who panhandle generally take a simple "no" for an answer. Personally, I'd worry more about the fools with too much testosterone and alcohol in their systems who hang out later in the evenings in the Pioneer Square clubs. I would recommend taking a cab after eight or nine at night. Other than that, you're probably fine.

I stayed at the Silver Cloud Stadium in October 2008 and absolutely loved it. Was in town for a Seahawks game and our view was Safeco field! Right around the other block was Qwest. They have a nice restaurant inside the lobby. The rooms were gorgeous and we never had any problems. There's a free shuttle that takes you to all the hot spots like the market, the space needle... not sure about cruise terminals but they'd be more than happy to get a taxi for you. I really liked the area that the hotel was in and it was about a 10-15 minute ride to the market, aquarium, space needle, etc.

That particular hotel has a shuttle so they may even be able to take you to the pier. Your two blocks from the 'free bus zone' so once you get to Jackson street hop any bus and get into downtown proper. The waterfront route 99 goes between chinatown along the water to Pier 70 and is always free. Its not the ideal but its perfectly fine, and for $95 you wouldn't get a motel out of town so its quite a deal.

Archived