Windsurf December 28, 2005

Sail With Me

Is anyone else joining us for New Year's on the Wind Surf? We were gong to sail on the Wind Spirit but had to change to the Wind Surf as we could not leave hme unti the 27th. We would love to hear from anyone who has found a good round trip fare to Barbados.

Karen and Bob

• 1 month later...

Hi

We are not on your cruise but wanted you to know that we took that same trip on the Windsurf from Barbados (or very similar) for New Years 2003-2004 and had a wonderful time. I know you will love it and will meet great people. We are still in touch with some that we met on that trip.

We have been on the Windsurf 3 times (and always LOVED it) and the Windstar once. We are booked this year (Dec 2005)for Christmas on the Windstar in Costa Rica and the Panama Canal.

• 1 month later...

Chicagogal--did you arrive in Barbados a day early? If so, do you remember where you stayed? We are considering this cruise for New Year's (or maybe the WindSpirit St. Thomas RT). With the winter weather being so unpredictable, I do not want to take a chance of flying in the day of. Also, anything special about any ports? Most especially, the Grenadine ports? We have been to the rest of them (actually, we have done the Grenadines but as a day sail while we were in St. Lucia). Thanks for any info you might have. We also looked at the Costa Rica cruise but it is sold out!

I'm also not on your cruise, but am a cruise consultant in Barbados (not trying to sell you anything as you already have booked what I would love to be on). I do have some suggestions.

Unless you are going to get your air and hotel pre and or post cruise direct with Windstar cruises, I highly recommend coming into Barbados at least a day or 2 before the cruise.. As you have said, mainly cause of the weather "up north", but also because flights maybe heavily booked, and hotels as well.. Some hotels will also have a minimum night stay especially during the Christmas/New Years period. If you want a brand named hotel, the Barbados Hilton is about to reopen after being rebuilt in the last several years. Where you want to stay will also depend on how much you want to spend. No idea what the charge at the Hilton will be.. You may want to check online.

Try.. Barbados Hilton, Grand Barbados Hotel, Royal Pavillion, SeaBreeze Hotel, Accra Beach Hotel, The Savannah. All good hotels, all different prices.. just a cross section.

Re the itinerary. My favorite place on the list is Bequia.. Laid back casual easy going. Spend the day wondering around town, or take a taxi (ask for Carltons Taxi) and do an island tour (been there 2 years in a row for Easter and love it).

Mayreau is a beach stop unless you want to climb the hill to the town and church.

St. Lucia.. See the Pitons, or tour the north side of the island.

French Islands - Enjoy those true French Wines and Cheeses

St. Martin is the French side of St. Martin/St. Maarten - I suggest an Island tour.

Never been to St. Barts, Nevis or Virgin Gorda.. but understand all are lovely..

Enjoy the cruise.

Sunniebgi...thanks for the info on hotels. I am leaning towards the Southern Palms. If I remember correctly, it is located next door to the Divi Southwinds (stayed there a few years ago and did not care for it). Any pro/cons on Southern Palms? I guess it really doesn't matter since we will only be there for a day and jet lagged at that!

Counting the days already!!

Archived