Ordering bottles of booze onboard

FightOnRon

Okay I understand the smuggling issues and thats off the table (although I probably wouldn't have done it). I know the speil about ordering booze from the Bon Voyage dept and that is on the table for me (does anyone have a list,,I am looking for Amaretto amoung other things). My question is, once onboard is it too late (or too expensive) to order a bottle for your cabin?

I am a HAL vet and on HAL you can order a bottle for yourself when your aboard at anytime. Not the same of course as the cheaper prices in the duty free shop where you can't have have it until you debark.

hi...you cannot (to my knowledge)purchase onboard. you have to call the bon voyage dept. i think within a week prior to your saildate. there is no printed list, you have to tell the operator what you want, and they will tell you wether they have it, or something comparable. have a great cruise

!:)

When we sailed on the Liberty we bought liquor onboard in their store. Carnival holds it until the last night and then it is boxed and sent to your room. However, we explained that we wanted to have a small cocktail party with our group to celebrate an anniversary, they not only gave us the 2 bottles we ask for but also brought ice, glasses, and mixers. It was great!

Cher

The Bon Voyage liquor prices really aren't that bad - except for beer, which I've read is $114 a case - that is downright ludicrous!!!!!! But the liquor is reasonably priced and comparable to what we pay in Canada. I just wish they would get a larger variety and a list we can actually see.

Thanks,,onto the Bon Voyage dept I go. I will call them back multiple times since I have gathered when you call Carnival you get a different answer each time I will wait until I hit the person with the lowest price! Now how do I smuggle limes aboard?

Thanks,,onto the Bon Voyage dept I go. I will call them back multiple times since I have gathered when you call Carnival you get a different answer each time I will wait until I hit the person with the lowest price! Now how do I smuggle limes aboard?

You could bring on a bottle of Real Lime juice and add to your cocktails. This works for me! I have also asked (with a tip involved) for some limes at the bar and put them in a ziplock baggie to add to my drinks.:)

You could bring on a bottle of Real Lime juice and add to your cocktails. This works for me! I have also asked (with a tip involved) for some limes at the bar and put them in a ziplock baggie to add to my drinks.:)

The bar tip deal was foremost in my mind too. Seems like a tip can get you pretty far on cruise ships.....

Archived