princess kaiulani in hawaii

pbinn

Has anyone stayed at the sheraton princess kaiulani . We are booked there for 4 nights pre cruise with NCL. It looks nice on the website, but was wondering about the restaurants and how close to the beach. also, do i need to rent a car, or are there shuttles and excursions i can do at the desk. We want to do pearl harbor and the polynesiona cultural center that we know of so far. thanks

It is a great location. Almost any tour that is on Oahu can be booked in the hotel. Pick-up/drop-off is right out front. The hotel is right across from the Sheraton Moana Hotel which has reciprocal services with the Sheraton Princess Kiualani (At least in 2003). We were allowed to go through the grounds of the Sheraton Moana hotel right to the beach. Because of the size of the grounds it would be equivalent to 1 to 2 blocks total.

There are restaurants everywhere. When I was there last in 2003 there was a cheap food stand diner just about 1 block east from the hotel that had super cheap breakfasts. Also to the west a couple of blocks (about 4-5) there is a Denny's with the second floor open to the Waikiki beach. I never liked Denny's until I ate at this one with the views.

There are several excellent top-notch restaurants along Waikiki Beach.

btw-The tower higher up with the ocean views are a little larger in size and quieter.

Steve Hayes

Has anyone stayed at the sheraton princess kaiulani . We are booked there for 4 nights pre cruise with NCL. It looks nice on the website, but was wondering about the restaurants and how close to the beach. also, do i need to rent a car, or are there shuttles and excursions i can do at the desk. We want to do pearl harbor and the polynesiona cultural center that we know of so far. thanks

Thanks so much for the reply. It does look like a good location on the map. I'm glad tohear we will be in walking distance to the beach. I'm pretty sure sheraton still does have their "stay at one, play at all" policy so we can use the other hotels also. I can't wait. thanks again

We had charge priviledges at the Sheraton Waikiki, Sheraton Moana and the P.K. The Sheraton Waikiki is a large hi-rise hotel with a great pool on the beach. The Moana is a beautiful old hotel reminiscent of "old" Hawaii with a tranquil setting off of the main thoroughfare. Have fun.

tip; Make sure to pick-up the brochures at the airport. Hawaii is expensive, however there are many coupons for food and activity discounts. Up to 2-1.

Steve Hayes

Thanks so much for the reply. It does look like a good location on the map. I'm glad tohear we will be in walking distance to the beach. I'm pretty sure sheraton still does have their "stay at one, play at all" policy so we can use the other hotels also. I can't wait. thanks again

I do not know who you were asking specifically but I booked through Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays and got a package deal with air, hotel and car. When I compared the package to what I could put together myself I saved a lot. But, please remember this is before I became a Hotwire and Priceline convert. But, I specifically wanted to stay at this hotel because I had seen it on prior visits and liked their pricing better then the 2 other Sheratons. But, I was still able to use all of the facilities.

Steve Hayes

How did you book the Sheraton Princess? Did you get a good price?

we have a party of 12 cruising the POA and booked it through the travel agent. She did book it through NCL so we will have the transfer to the ship and all included. 4 nights pre cruise in november will be $288 ea. double occupancy. I didnt think that was a bad price at all. $576 for 4 nights and all our transfer fees.

Archived