Paradise Beach or Passion Island

ashnac

I just got back from Cozumel. I went to Paradise Beach. It was nice. Its free the only thing is the waiters ask that you spend $10 pp on food and drinks. The longe chairs and umbrellas are free. My understanding is if you have children Paradise Beach is better,more for them to do. If there are only adults than Passion Island would be better choice. Anyhow it is about a $26 taxi fare RT. Its not in walking distance. In taxi it took about 7-10 min and they speed.

Thanks so much, I did not think I was going to get a response on this. It will only be 2 adults. Me and my husband and we are going for our anniversary. So it sounds like Passion Island.

Anyone have pictures of either place they would like to share?

Again, thanks so much

Just FYI, you can't get to PI via taxi, you will have to book this as a tour, either by speed boat.. or the way we went was a 30 min taxi ride and then by small boat over to the island.. It was a beautiful place but after the headache it took us to get there, it wasn't worth it.. I have heard that the speed boat (twister) is alot of fun

PB is alot closer and you are not "wasting" your time to get there.. maybe 10 mins max

Have fun and enjoy whichever one you do

Thanks for the input. How did you book the taxi way of going over? I dont see it as a available excursion from Carnival. I have also heard good of Nachi Cocum so would any of you reccomend that instead of Paradise of Pasion?

And if so, how do you book that?

Thanks

Hi, my husband and I went to Paradise Beach back in 2006 (our first cruise) and it was one of the highlights of of our trip. A short cab ride away, a beautiful beach and being served food and drinks you couldn't go wrong.

We're going back to Cozumel on Oasis in May and can't wait to go back to Paradide Beach.

This is the first time I'll be adding photo's to a post so I hope they work.

HPIM0477.jpg.9aa4d209283e067d0d8ed7658cce58e8.jpg

HPIM0474.jpg.50ec2f4a688945a6458354ec2958a879.jpg

HPIM0473.jpg.c8acbbe910adea5bb482c1c27471f70c.jpg

I have read something on Nachi Cocom that says it is rocky going into the ocean. Is this right? It sounds like a great place and i have read alot of great things. I have thought about going there but dont want anywhere rocky.

we had booked Passion through a company that is no longer in business:rolleyes: And it was NOT a good experience.. I am not sure if you can book via taxi through any company anymore..

Nachi is a good place and it really depends on what you are looking to do.. quiet, relaxing AI Nachi is your place.. the beach is somewhat rocky..

PB has some rocky area too.. but is alot more active, lots more to do. The food at both places is very good!!

I say just book another cruise so you can try it all!;)

ok, my husband has horribly sensitive feet due to a skin graf. So, does anyone have any sugestions for a beach that is not rocky?

Also, we will be in Cozumel on Cinco de Mayo. Any suggestions on a beach that will not be too crowded and obnoxious?

I have read something on Nachi Cocom that says it is rocky going into the ocean. Is this right? It sounds like a great place and i have read alot of great things. I have thought about going there but dont want anywhere rocky.

I was just there last week. It was not rocky at all. It is a sand beach. It does drop off a bit at the beginning, but stays mostly shallow for a long way out. There may have been tiny bits of loose coral pieces on the bottom where the waves break, but no rocks at all. Don't know where you heard that?

I had read it somewhere on these boards but it is great to know that you were just there last week with no problems. So did the coral hurt your feet at all? I am jsut so torn on what to do while in Cozumel. Geez wheres my answer. lol

Archived