Wine tours+ Santorini?

Queenk2

I have searched ,but found very little.We have gone to private wineries in Italy and Greece,however I can find no information on guides or private tours that include a winery.in Santorini.Does anyone know of anything that might interest us? have you done something like this? Any help would be appreciated!

We're taking Princess and I noticed in their excursion listing, you can "Travel to Oia, a traditional island village perched atop of the calderia & visit one of Santorini's oldest family-run wineries" but they don't give the name of it. Maybe searching with Oia wineries might help. Good luck!

Hi

We've done a similar excursion- Oia is worth the trip. The winery is not there though it is on the way - literally on top of the cliff overlooking the caldera and the ship moorings. Can't for the life of me remember the name though. Can't say the wines were memorable either, however the view is worth it.

David

Most of the smaller (and larger) Santorini wineries have web sites with operating hours and e-mail links (just Google). As to tours, I suppose you can find a private tour guide for a few hundred dollars. Another much cheaper alternative is to simply rent a car in Fira (about $60 a day) and drive yourselves to as many wineries as you please. Santorini is actually an easy island for driving as the traffic is pretty light once you get away from Fira and the roads are fine.

Hank

Done that too...problem has been the parking. We tried to get to Oia one year and couldn't find a place to leave the car! We will be there in July...a very busy time. The wineries we did stop at were disappointing..perhaps we will just rent a car and go to the red beach. I do thank you for your imput!

We also wanted to visit good wineries on Santorini - had previously visited Boutouri (sp?) which had a great view but average wines. So... we got together with another couple on the ship and found a taxi to take us to Oia. However on the way, the driver took us to Domaine Sigalas which has great wine and a beautiful location. The driver waited for us while we tasted and talked to the people at the winery. We then carried on to Oia. Obviously the taxi ride with the stop cost more than just the usual ride to Oia but we really enjoyed seeing Sigalas. In addition, we took their advice and had lunch @ Restaurant Skala in Oia - beautiful view & a wonderful Greek salad (aren't Santorini tomatoes wonderful!!).

Enjoy your wine tasting!

Archived