Sapphire Princess Review 1/30-2/6

lovevacadays

We were on this cruise also. I totally agree with you about the CD and Ass't CD. Both looked away as they walked around the ship and didn't even smile in anyone's direction.

The Trio in the Wheelhouse were TERRIBLE. We sat outside the Wheelhouse and played Scrabble while they were preforming. I tried to shut the doors of the bar that opened out to the hallway so we wouldn't have to listen to them, the lead singer was so off key. Hopefully Princess will notice how bad they are.

We played Trivia just about everyday and most of the Cruise Staff were pleasant. But Ian was downright rude. Someone said he was at the end of his contract and maybe didn't care but WOW, what rudeness. At another Trivia session, people were complaining about him a lot.

We do love the Sapphire.......

I love the Sapphire as well. This was my fourth cruise on her. I agree with you the CD and Asst CD just weren't that engaging out and around the ship. They were fine doing their hosting duties, just not so charming outside of that. I've had the good fortune of sailing with some really great cruise staff. I'm thinking with Sam it was her first cruise as CD so she may have had alot on her plate and adjusting to a new staff, etc. I'm sure she will get better as a previous poster stated they have really enjoyed her in the past.

Yeah, the trio group was an interesting thing. I could hear her singing from the bathroom right outside the Wheelhouse and it really did sound like bad karoake. Fortunately, I loved everything else about this cruise and a CD and Asst CD are not that important to me. I liked the other entertainment on board so didn't go in and sit down in the Wheelhouse so really no issue there either. Just my opinion on these things.

All and all it was an excellent time for me. I loved it!

Ok so I guess I am asking a really stupid question.....but I got my kids cruise for Christmas and they are sailing on the 4/10 sailing....we have been going thru the Princess web site trying to give her ideas about everything there is to enjoy on the ship. We could not find info on advance reservations in the "special restaurants"...can these be made prior to sailing??? ya ya I know don't laugh....

ps They get a wonderful cruise and grandma gets to babysit their little people....not sure I the best end of this deal....the little ones of course are staying home...while mommy and daddy get a wonderful week on the sea!:)

Ok so I guess I am asking a really stupid question.....but I got my kids cruise for Christmas and they are sailing on the 4/10 sailing....we have been going thru the Princess web site trying to give her ideas about everything there is to enjoy on the ship. We could not find info on advance reservations in the "special restaurants"...can these be made prior to sailing??? ya ya I know don't laugh....

ps They get a wonderful cruise and grandma gets to babysit their little people....not sure I the best end of this deal....the little ones of course are staying home...while mommy and daddy get a wonderful week on the sea!:)

I don't think you can make reservations prior to sailing. It really isn't too difficult to get reservations in either restaurant. If they want to do the first formal night that would be the most crowded. I would suggest they call the main dining line as soon as they board and make their reservations if they want that night. They can also walk up to Sabatini's and make a reservation. I'm not sure about Sterling as they actually take the back of the Horizon Court in the evening and turn it into Sterling. I made that reservation from my cabin phone about 1230 on the first day. They shouldn't have any trouble getting a reservation at some point in the cruise for both restaurants.

yes, it sounds like you may not have gotten the best deal but what a mom and grandma. Would you like to adopt me? I'm ready to go back on the wonderful Sapphire.

Very good review and so were the replies. I really appreciate all the info as I will also be on this ship for 14 days next year when we cruise to Hawaii.:)

You will enjoy the Sapphire. I hope you will have some lovely sea days that you can go out on the Promenade deck and enjoy those loungers. The Sapphire has a wider Promenade than the newer Princess ships so it kind of feels like you are on an "ocean liner" when you are out on this deck. Might be a nice experience as you are crossing the Pacific Ocean!

I've thought about doing the Hawaii cruise but can't seem to get 14 days in a row to do it. Will be looking for your review and others once the Sapphire starts doing Hawaii.

Archived