Anyone sail on Splendor recently with kids in Camp Carnival?

kr8z

We are leaving in about 5 weeks. I'm trying to plan an excursion for just my husband and myself in Puerta Vallarta. If I recall correctly, you can basically leave the kids in camp from the time we dock until ell after lunch. I am thinking we have to be back before dinner though as camp closes for an hour or so even on port days. I just need to get an idea for what time we have to be back on the ship so we can book the appropriate excursion. Also, if you have any suggestion I am up for anything other than zipline. I just had surgery Monday and am not sure if my abdomen will be quite healed up enough by then to take the recoil at the end. I would love to do it though!

Thanks for any input :)

I have a link to the recent capers for the Splendor in my signature. You should be able to get the times for the port days off that.

There are lots of shore excursions and tours that you can do privately, google can be your friend here.

My signature also has a link to the tour that we did with the kids, you may want to check it out. Depending on the ages of your children, there are some excursions that they can do as well.

We usually plan something for everyone, adults and kids, but if you are looking for a little break from the rugrats, you should have no trouble finding something for just the two of you.

Thanks. Our kids are 2, 3, 6, and 8. This limits what we can do other than beach time. I thought it would be nice to do something one day where we aren't constantly looking after the kids, breaking up fights, LOL It does appear we would have to be back on the ship no later than 5. That's enough time to have some fun on our own and then grab the kids for their mandatory fun.

Do you recall if the ship time and local time vary in the different ports? I know they do, I just cannot remember which ports are 1 hour and which are 2. I suppose I can google that as well.

I have found some great family excursions in Cabo and one in PV which are very economical. Maybe we'll change adult time to Mazatlan and take the kids to the other two ports.

I read your review the other day. It was very thorough and quite informative. Thanks!

In PV, ship time is one hour behind local time (if I remember right), in the other two ports, ship time and local time are the same.

We have only 2 kids, so they never out number us, my God, they out number you 4 to 2!!! :D

Have a great cruise and find something that you and your DH will love to do and leave the kids in C.C. for a little while.

Archived