Easter Sunday in San Juan

CruiseLover824

A thought just crossed my mind....we will be leaving on the Carnival Victory from San Juan on Easter Sunday. Will stores/restaurants/historical sites be open on Easter?

I think I read there will be 4 or 5 ships in port that day, so I am guessing that the local stores and businesses would stay open because of all the tourists, but you never know.

Everything will be open as normal on Easter Sunday and every Sunday. Stores open at 11am. The forts open at 9am.

The Cathedral (and all Catholic churches) will have masses on Sunday. They will be in Spanish.

here is the web page for the St John Cathedral for Holy Week: http://www.catedralsanjuan.com/index_files/actividades.htm

Thanks Rainforestgirl!! I was hoping you would see the post---you are always very helpful!!

We are also looking for a good restaurant to eat at on Saturday night--we are staying the night before we leave for our cruise. I don't want to come to San Juan and eat at a chain restaurant---we want some yummy local food. Any suggestions? We are staying in Condado.

Thanks!!

Wendy

Thanks Rainforestgirl!! I was hoping you would see the post---you are always very helpful!!

We are also looking for a good restaurant to eat at on Saturday night--we are staying the night before we leave for our cruise. I don't want to come to San Juan and eat at a chain restaurant---we want some yummy local food. Any suggestions? We are staying in Condado.

Thanks!!Wendy

Hi Wendy- I can't name names, but there is a good PR food place (though it is not cheap) at 1052 Ashford Ave. Do a google search for the name.

Hi Wendy- I can't name names, but there is a good PR food place (though it is not cheap) at 1052 Ashford Ave. Do a google search for the name.

Thanks...I forgot that locals can't mention names---:rolleyes: I checked out the address though and I appreciate the info!!:D The menu looks pretty interesting! I found quite a few things that sounded good!

• 4 weeks later...
Anything else open before 11:00 am other than the forts on Easter? We have a 2:30 flight that day. Not sure what to do. We have seen the forts and thought we would just shop. Any suggestions?

The Segway Tours operating at Pier 2 will be open. We have booked a tour prior to our ship departure that evening. Their website indicates tours begin at 0900 (short tours are 45 min.). A search for segway tours san juan will get you their info.

Archived