Pools for non potty trained children!

kittycruize

Can anyone help with confusion over pool use for a non potty trained child? We are considering Disney, Royal's Freedom Class, and the Oasis! I am trying to figure out what pools the little one would be able to use? It seems on the Disney Wonder, she would only be able to use the tiny pool? What pools can she use on the Freedom Class? Would she be able to use the H2O zone?:):)

We haven't been on the Oasis yet but I can help you with the other two. On Disney, there is a small splash pool for the non potty trained to use. On Liberty of the Seas (Freedom Class), there is also a very small ankle deep splash pool for them to use. They can not use the H20 area if they are not potty trained. I am thinking that Oasis is probably the same way but I can't confirm that. On 8 of our cruises, we have always been with at least 1 child that is not potty trained. It has never been an issue to us as we would do beach type activities in port. Best of luck on your decision:)

Michelle you are such a big help, I really appreciate your comments! On your second picture, is that a pool for the kids that aren't potty trained? Sounds like you have been on a lot of cruises, so you know what you are talking about! So, just to clarify, they do have a little wading pool, but that is the only one they can go in?

Yep, that's the Baby Zone. That is the only one they are allowed in when you are on Freedom/Liberty/Independence.

You've seen pictures of the H20 zone. The really big spray park. That Baby Zone is one small section of the H20 zone. There is "deck patrol" that monitors the area. They do look out for parents carrying smaller children and will reroute them back to the "baby zone pool" -- the pool you see in the 2nd picture.

The pool has a special filtration system for unpotty trained tots. So it keeps them safe -- which is a good thing. But yes, it is a very small area.

The pool is less than 1.5 inches deep. Tends to be very warm.

Ok thanks for the info! Wow, I am glad to know this. So, they cannot even go in the spray jet area? That might be hard when big sister is having fun that area, and she has to stay in the little 1.5 inch pool! She is probably too big for that. Now I am not sure what we should do! Any suggestions?:)

Archived