Is the freedom...not going to the panama canal in 2011?

AmberTeka

I ask because when I try to find a cruise there for Jan. 2011...my dependable online source..does not show it. They show the Eastern Carribean route..but NO Western.route for the Freedom. And no.Southern Carribean one for the Freedom. The same thing happened with The Miracle. We were booked for the Canal..then the route changed to Aruba..and for months..that site showed nothing for the Canal Miracle route change. The Big Online sites..keep showing the same ports way AFTER TA's had mailed the change. . So..New Ports for the Freedom? Good thing. Ship like The Liberty or The Glory or the Valor..put on the Panama Canal Route? Exellent thing, I think.Any chance I am right? Anychance...Cozumen and/or Belize will be omitted? Perhaps..Aruba..Colon..Costa Rica..Caymon Islands? That would be a dream trip...for me.

I believe all the cruises are already listed for Jan 2011. Thats not to say there cannot be a moving of a ship, like Elation is going thru the canal when its being move to Mobile, but if you dont see it, then its extremely doubtfull it will change.

Are you looking for the Freedom to do the 8-day Exotic Western Caribbean route that docks in Colon, Panama or are you looking for a "Panama Canal" transit by the Freedom? I wasn't clear from how you phased your question.

If you are looking for a Panama Canal transit by the Freedom, you will need to wait until the Canal's new locks are available (that's several years from now) as the Freedom is a post-Panamax ship. If you aren't familiar with term Panamax and post-Panamax, Panamax ships can transit the canal while post-Panamax ships are too big for the canal. This could be due to length, draft (that is, depth) or beam (that is, width). This is why when the Splendor moved last year to the west coast, there were South America cruises as the Splendor also is post-Panamax.

I ask because when I try to find a cruise there for Jan. 2011...my dependable online source..does not show it. They show the Eastern Carribean route..but NO Western.route for the Freedom. And no.Southern Carribean one for the Freedom. The same thing happened with The Miracle. We were booked for the Canal..then the route changed to Aruba..and for months..that site showed nothing for the Canal Miracle route change. The Big Online sites..keep showing the same ports way AFTER TA's had mailed the change. . So..New Ports for the Freedom? Good thing. Ship like The Liberty or The Glory or the Valor..put on the Panama Canal Route? Exellent thing, I think.Any chance I am right? Anychance...Cozumen and/or Belize will be omitted? Perhaps..Aruba..Colon..Costa Rica..Caymon Islands? That would be a dream trip...for me.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=WCT&durDays=8&shipCode=FD&subRegionCode=CW&sailDate=1/15/2011&sailingID=53433

Check out the 11 night Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas Ultimate Caribbean and Panama cruises from Miami -

Oranjestad, Aruba; Cartagena, Colombia; Colon, Panama; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; George Town, Grand Cayman. :D

Tell you what I can do.

Going there on the Freedom next week. Will talk to the capt and see what we can do.

Hey, thanks. I'll be going there on the Freedom in January 2011. See if you can convince him to go to the canal for us. :D ;)

We are booked 12 Feb 2011 for Freedom, cozumel, Limon, colon, for several months now. http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=WCT&durDays=8&shipCode=FD&subRegionCode=CW&sailDate=2/12/2011&sailingID=53501 ken

Archived