Checking In on the Triumph in New Orleans

teacher2cruiser

I think we arrived around 10:30 like in Galveston. I thought boarding was slow compared to what Im used to and disorganized... but yes we were on by noon or shortly thereafter. We did the B2B and it too was disorganized.

It was like sit here to wait for a wheelchair, when no one but use was waiting. and all the HC were sitting elsewhere, just seemed like they didnt have one set place to wait.

We sailed the Triumph on Jan. 16 and we arrived at 10:30 a.m. There was already a short line to get into the parking garage and in the VIP check in lounge, we had to take a number there were so many in there. However, there were only 3 ahead of us. Just as we were through processing, they opened the VIP line to board so we were on board before noon. I would definitely recommend getting there early otherwise you may be waiting in line for a long time to get into the parking garage. You pay as you enter that's why it takes so long. From other passengers we talked to on board, there was quite a wait to board if you arrived later in the day.

Not sure what Galveston has to do with this thread...

But the problem has been that the Triumph has been late getting

into port several times lately.

There have been issues of fog that have made the ship late

getting in.

So, if the ship is an hour late getting in....it is an hour late

getting passengers off...

So, instead of boarding at 11:00....they instead start at noon...

which means an hour of people who should have boarded, now

are in line...

Sailed on the Triumph 1/28 and have to say that the embarkation process was our best ever. Left our hotel around 9:45 and drove straight to the pier. My credit card receipt for parking at the Erato garage shows we paid at 10:07. Porters were plentiful to take our luggage. Parked on the fourth floor near the elevators. A small wait at security and then on to check-in. We were told that boarding probably wouldn't start until around 1:30. 11:45ish the process started, we were group two and aboard shortly around noon. Lots of time for lunch on the Lido and to hang out on deck before our cabin was ready. Now debarkation, that's another story....

I would arrive early, too. I sailed on 1/28, but didn't get to the port until 2:00 due to airline issues. The line was out the door and around the building. I was VIP so I did get to bypass that line only to have to take a number in the VIP lounge.

We arrived at the terminal at 10:30 and were on the ship within the hour. We couldn't got to the cabin until 1:30.

I think the big hold up is that people don't drive into the parking deck. They opt to go to the front of the terminal. The security guards are not informing flagging cars into the parking deck. I had to hang my head out the window to ask security if we could go into the parking deck.

We were on the Triumph last week.

Arrived via cab at the cruise terminal around 10:30 or 11:00. Took approximatly 30 to 45 minutes total to be on Lido with a DOD!

We chose the relaxed debarkation process. We received zone 11 tags and were called around 9:30 or so. Probably took 30 minutes to get off the ship and thru customs.

Probably one of the smoothest embark/debark processes we've had yet.

I think our cruise on the Victory in 2003 was the longest. Seems like we waited in a long line for about 2 hours to board that time...

Mike

After reading some other posts I was getting worried about embarkation being long. Seems like arriving early is the key - which we always do. We will be staying close by the night before at the Hampton - Convention Center. I'm glad to hear a lot of you making it onboard smoothly.

We are in no hurry to debark since we have a late flight home. So that won't be an issue at least.

Archived