Graduating to 'Big' Kids Club!

sharktums

We're all getting very excited about our upcoming 8 night Independence cruise in March, especially since it will be my daughters first chance to try the 'Big Kids Club' as she calls it. She has taken part in the Royal Babies and Royal Tots, and she'll be three years old and three days when we step onboard the Independence!

On our January cruise on the Mariner the lady running the sessions said my daughter would be fine and was more than ready, but I'm still a big nervous as I'm sure everyone was the first time they dropped their kids off.

She goes to preschool two days a week, is fully toilet trained, and seems excited. I checked out the Kids Club bathrooms on our January cruise and feel she could do those herself although I really wish they had a little step stool or something cause she's kind of short!

I've read crusinmama's wonderful Independence TR's and am looking for any words of encouragement or tips you may have for a little one's first time in the 'big club'!

Also if you have any questions I'll do my best to get answers.

She's excited! Don't let any "doubts" you may have dampen her enthusiasm!!! Be excited for her and with her!

My daughter couldn't WAIT to go to school.....it got so bad, I started taking her to the mall "babysitting" service for a couple of hours, and told her it was "school"....she LOVED it! (She's always been VERY independant!!!!)

When kids are ready to "test their wings", they let you know, and you should NOT try to hold them back--encourage them! That's the whole goal of parenting...to raise kids that DON'T NEED their parents for every little thing!

she's gonna love it, we went on the independence TA in nov and couldn't get our daughter aged 3 out of there, she made so many friends and they were all treated like royalty buy the staff, in fact we had a harder job when we got off the ship as she had definately got used to being entertained 24/7 and soing so many wonderful things onboard that when we got off in florida and went to disney it was fun reacclimatising her. The other advantages is we also made friends with many of the other kids parents as they would all meet up again in the H2O zone between the morning and afternoon sessions.

Archived