Sand Ceremony Idea...

magenta321

Hi all,

Fiance and I are opting for a sand ceremony. Initially I chose a vase etched with our monogram and the date, but I started to wonder how I'd get a vase of layered sand home without ruining the design.

I decided I needed something with a "cork" to keep the sand in, but I didn't see anything I liked. I remembered seeing a frame with sand a while back, and that seemed both secure and pretty, especially since we'll be taking pictures on the beach in Bermuda in our wedding garments.

So, I just scoured the internet and found both the frame, and the instructions to make it. I thought I'd post it in case anyone else was searching for it.

Here's the frame:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FHHAU6?ie=UTF8&tag=magenta321-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000FHHAU6

And here are the instructions for how to put it together:

http://www.bridalinsider.com/forum_posts.asp?RegionID=29&TID=32394

I hope this helps some other brides!

I did the sand ceremony and they put a small paper cup in the opening of the vase and it stayed in there perfectly. When it was time to leave I put tape over the cup to keep it secure and just made sure to pack it standing up. It made it home no problem.

I took a tube of crazy glue and glued my top on my jar, but while the design did not mess up because I hand carried it off the ship, it did compact quite a bit. Still pretty, thought, with a spot of honor on our mantle where we can see it and remember our vow renewal.

Absolutely love the frame for our sand ceremony. Could you tell me is it possible to change the picture to a wedding picture after we get home or is it impossible to get to the picture without disturbing the sand. Also, what size picture would fit? 5 x 7 or a 4 x 6?

Thanks so much

MalibuBarbie

You can change the picture. The front glass will still slide in and out, and the picture gets double-sided taped to the second glass panel.

Either size picture would work, but I like the 4x6 better as you'll see more of the sand. That's a personal choice though!

I plan on putting an engagement pic at my wedding, and a wedding pic after they are developed, so I too will be changing the picture :)

that's a really good idea! Since you already have the frame, can you tell me if it would still worked if you switched the frame around so it was positioned the other way making it wider instead of taller or can you only pour the sand in one way? Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

thanks magenta for the info! I wish I would have seen this sooner--already got a sand ceremony set!!!

BTW, was it you that was talking about going on the ship inspection? Did you do that? If so, how did it go?

Only 37 days to go---Congrats!!!!!!!!

Hi Magenta321!

Thanks for your sand ceremony idea... and the links. My husband and I did this for our wedding on the ship! And it turned out so great! Even the wedding coordinator and officiant told us what neat idea it was.

Thanks again!

241328536_Sandceremony.jpg.bccbebbe7d553fc4ae2610d01d96da97.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg.cd2c8fedab64dbd69b93b7b8a2f39718.jpg

Archived