Your favorite beach/resort in PV?

eggypann

I thought I'd already posted this but can't find it. If it shows up twice I apologize!

My friend wants to do a beach thing in Puerto Vallarta while several others in the group do the zip-line. I've seen comments on a few places but am wondering what is your favorite beach/resort in PV - and why? Keep in mind she's looking for a wonderful beach location.

Thanks!

favorite beach/resort in PV

Hey there, Can't wait for our cruise.

The most popular LUXURY resort for cruisers is Dreams south. Jungle background, secluded, beautiful cove, long $10+ cab ride. There are many MANY beautiful resorts in PV. The easiest luxury resort that accepts cruisers is the Westin. The most beautiful, and most difficult to get into is the Grand Mayan. The nearby Krystal is most popular

Dreams South (far from cruise terminal)

DreamsSouthPV2.jpg

Westin (close, nice)

IMG_1472.jpg

Westin

IMG_1453.jpg

Westin

IMG_1475.jpg

Grand Mayan (giant wave pools at bottom)

GrandMayan2NPV.jpg

Grand Mayan

IMG_9652.jpg

Seems the Krystal very close to the pier would be the best choice for a lesser hassle than dreams in Nuevo. It has a similar beach appeal to Dreams Nuevo, and is SOOO close to the cruise pier, just the other side of the nearest High Rise hotels in the pic below. The trip to Nuevo Vallarta (to the north) is a much nicer road with far less stop lights, but a cab would still want about $10 to get there. The Dreams south is worth the drive to many because the resort ambiance in it's own private cove with mountain jungle surrounding is far FAR MORE TROPICAL AMBIANCE to the others.

Krystal is just the other side of the nearest high rises

IMG_5803a.jpg

Dreams in Nuevo has nice company of many new luxury resorts

NuevoPVGoogleEarth3.jpg

Below is a google earth of the Krystal, The pools adjacent to the beach appears better than Dreams Nuevo in overall beachside resort ambiance

Krtystal2PV.jpg

Does the Nueva Vallarta Dreams have a decent beach? I take it it's a lot closer to the pier.

We have stayed at both Dreams this year and they are actually both about the same time factor away from the cruise ship. Nuevo is north in another state and time zone actually (but the resorts follow PV time).

Dreams PV has the most incredible jungle setting with it's own private but smallish beach and the water is clearer then any beach I have been to in the entire bay. The beach is beautiful :)

Dreams PV buffet is way larger with more seafood choices ( A huge plus for me as I don't eat alot of meat in Mexico). Oceania restaurant for lunch is so close to the water that any closer and you are in the water, great sit down service and food was awsome. That said, Dreams PV buffet had me at all the seafood and salad choices YUM :)

Nuevo Dreams Magna has more, better and larger pools, and the beach you can walk on for miles. Buffet was smaller then dreams PV but still good, beach and pool service here was steller, ask for Ivan at the beach and beach side pool he is the best server we have ever had at any resort, Canadian, States, Caribbean, all parts of Mexico :)

I think Nuevo Magna is more expensive then Dreams PV which I don't understand.......To be honest I always tell myself that I prefer Dreams PV but after typing this I am remembering our recent Dreams Magna trip and that was awsome as well....I don't think you can go wrong at either resort. I have been to Marival many times, Krystal once and both Dreams blow both of these resorts right out of the water when comparing beach, food, drink, service.

Archived