What happened to Crowncast Podcast ??

bankerlkd

Sadly, after we all returned from a great group outing on Freedom, J&V had another attack on the website and forum. There have been quite a few in the last couple months, and it just got to the point that they weren't getting any joy out of it.

I'm really going to miss it. I loved contributing, and J&V always produced a great product :(

PRC

Good news!

Spoke to J&V...they are in the process of doing more episodes on the Freedom cruise!

They are also working on the new website. Once it is complete, they will spread the word!

PRC

Sorry to hear about all the trouble. One person trying to ruin it for everyone. Please continue the podcast . Look forward to yours and WDW Today every week. I have tried other cruise podcast, but they are not the same. Love your format and the way you interact with each as you do your podcast. Please realize you have many loyal listeners...even if we do not comment a lot.

The Lynn's

Veronica and I decided to shutdown the CrownCast website and podcast after four years of podcasting on the cruise line Royal Caribbean international. The shutdown was abrupt due to our website, which was under attracting from a spam-bot which was on our site due to two attacks that we had suffered in previous months. These attacks destroyed the ability for the website to provide the feed to podcasting programs like Juice and iTunes. The only solution open to us was a full deletion and reconstruction of the website.

On the podcasting front Veronica and I, after four years of podcasting once a week on average, were feeling that we had nothing left to say.

With the myriad of reasons that we had for stopping the podcast we decided that that would be the best thing for our family. With this decision unfortunately we cut off in middle of our trip report that we were doing for our January 2010, Freedom of the Seas cruise.

We will do our best to finish up the Freedom of the Seas cruise series and post it and future adventures on this website. We will not be making these podcast available on iTunes or through a feed, feel free to listen to them on our website or download them.

Our family website is listed in my signature.

I am sorry to hear that Jamie.

I listened to all your episodes, and gleaned lots of good nuggets before our first two cruises. I always told myself that I should do a trip report for you, but, alas, I never did, so I guess I can only blame myself.

I have recently relistened to your three part Cayman Islands show (Episode 18) in preparation for the cruise I will be on next month.

Thanks for the time, effort, and resources you devoted to this throughout the last three years.

I was so sorry to hear about the demise of crowncast. We enjoyed listening to them. I do understand that this was time consuming and appreciate all the hours of listening.

Thanks again, we will miss our weekly dose of your insights to cruising, your wisdom and humor.

I was so sorry to hear about the demise of crowncast. We enjoyed listening to them. I do understand that this was time consuming and appreciate all the hours of listening.

Thanks again, we will miss our weekly dose of your insights to cruising, your wisdom and humor.

I agree, I will really miss Crowncast.

Crowncast was one of the longest running cruise podcast and in my opinion the best.

Sad to see it go.:(

Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.:rolleyes:

Actually, after some soul searching (on my part mostly) and re-engineering (on Jamie's part) we are back up and running. Kind of. It is still a work in progress, so please be patient with him while he works on it.

We appreciate everyone's comments, and they are a big part of why we decided to continue.

Archived