Pass Ports

lcguy, i'm wondering where you got this information. I would love to read up on it. My family is booked on a cruise that goes stops in Belize and Honduras in May. We were planning to get the passport cards as they seem to be the most economical and reasonable option (IMHO) for us. We are fairly avid cruisers, but currently that's about as much travel outside the US that we do. I spoke with a Carnival rep and was told that the passport card would eliminate the need for a BC and that the only thing it does not cover is air travel, which I was already aware of. Would love to know where you are getting your info on these specific ports. TIA

Lindsey

Answer to your question.... Belize and Honduras are not a part of the Western Hemisphere Alliance. Technically, since you're on a cruise ship on a closed end cruise, you only need a certified birth certificate and a photo ID (driver's license, etc.). However, should you need to cut your vacation short or need to meet your cruise due to missed embarkation, a passport would be necessary in Honduras or Belize. Check out the State Department website.

I don't get it. If she has a passport why is she showing her DL to the cruise people?

Possibly for a residency discount??? I know someone in each of the cabins we have booked will have to prove they are a resident of Texas since they are all booked under a residency rate. A DL is the most efficient way to do that.

Archived