Feb 13th - Triumph out of New Olreans

Spinner26

Leaving on Saturday! Headed to Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel.

Anyone else going or have any suggestions?

Been to Cozumel, but just found a bar that also sold handmade Mexican sinks that had $1 Coronas. It was pretty great. We will probably look for it again....

3 more days!!

I did this route via NCL. In Roatan consider going to the shop where they do incredible scrimshaw carving on shells, not cheap but just beautiful. The shop is near the docks and taxis will take you there for free. I bought a pendant for myself and my mom....but here is a hint. At the docks there is a fun little area with a big tent and locals have items for sale. The scrimshaw has a booth there and I bought the items there and swear I got a better deal. BUT at the actual shop you can see pieces being made and on display that will blow you away. Have fun Lydia of Ohio

Will do, but haven't been talking to many people....just reading posts, as you see this is my 3rd post. :p

Come on over to the rollcall.........there have been several folks chatting away in anticipation of the cruise Saturday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1002780

We also have a one hour cocktail party on the first seaday at 12:30pm in the Big Easy Piano Bar. Cost is $11.44pp Let me know if you are interested so I can add you to the list.

Dave

I did this route via NCL. In Roatan consider going to the shop where they do incredible scrimshaw carving on shells, not cheap but just beautiful. The shop is near the docks and taxis will take you there for free. I bought a pendant for myself and my mom....but here is a hint. At the docks there is a fun little area with a big tent and locals have items for sale. The scrimshaw has a booth there and I bought the items there and swear I got a better deal. BUT at the actual shop you can see pieces being made and on display that will blow you away. Have fun Lydia of Ohio

Carnival docks at a different place than NCL does in Roatan. The tent you refer is no longer there as they have upgraded Coxen Hole so that it has buildings now.

Dave

I love snorkeling off Tabyana Beach in Roatan. I also like snorkeling in Belize, but a number of people like to go to ruins or do cave tubing there.

Be aware of the parade schedule for Saturday - you don't want to get trapped. :eek:

http://www.nola.com/mardigras/parades/

Yep - planning on leaving here around 5:30AM and it takes us a little over 2.5 hours to get there......assuming the roads aren't iced over from the mini blizzard we will be getting tonight!

Come on over to the rollcall.........there have been several folks chatting away in anticipation of the cruise Saturday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1002780

We also have a one hour cocktail party on the first seaday at 12:30pm in the Big Easy Piano Bar. Cost is $11.44pp Let me know if you are interested so I can add you to the list.

Dave

You can count me and my husband in! We are traveling with 4 other people, so I'll let you know if they want to come too.

Archived