Has Anyone done cave tubing in January

repogirl49

We went cave tubing in mid-January last year. To be sure the water was cool but, given where we are from, cool water isn't really a problem. If you are sensitive to the cold it may be unpleasant, particularly as you actually spend a fair amount of time drifting down the river. I think a bigger determining factor will be whether or not it rains in the days prior to your visit. rain water has a tendency to cool things down. Luckily there are points between the cave systems where you can exit the river if you have had enough.

In spite of the cool waters (which are refreshing after walking in the hot, humid jungle), it is an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. The limestone formations within the caverns are hauntingly beautiful and the walk through the jungle is an opportunity to learn about jungle flora and fauna (as well as sample a taste of termite). And yes, do try the termite. I found them to taste somewhat citrusy whereas I had expected them to just be woody in flavor.

We went cave tubing in mid-January last year. To be sure the water was cool but, given where we are from, cool water isn't really a problem. If you are sensitive to the cold it may be unpleasant, particularly as you actually spend a fair amount of time drifting down the river. I think a bigger determining factor will be whether or not it rains in the days prior to your visit. rain water has a tendency to cool things down. Luckily there are points between the cave systems where you can exit the river if you have had enough.

In spite of the cool waters (which are refreshing after walking in the hot, humid jungle), it is an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. The limestone formations within the caverns are hauntingly beautiful and the walk through the jungle is an opportunity to learn about jungle flora and fauna (as well as sample a taste of termite). And yes, do try the termite. I found them to taste somewhat citrusy whereas I had expected them to just be woody in flavor.

Thanks for the response- I am from South texas so really not use to the cold!! This year weather has been worse than usual- I was in nassau mid- January and water was too cold was hoping that Belize would be warmer. Julie G.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there this past Jan and the water was about 72 degrees. I'm sensitive to the cold and did fine. You have to walk a good 20 mins to get to the river and you are ready for a dip in the water by the time you get there! Basically your butt is the only thing that has to be in the water, after you get in the water to actually get into the tube of course. It is an awesome experience! cave tubing dot com has my vote!

Archived