FYI for those sailing out of Mobile on 2/13

wendco2003

The weather reports are calling for snow. I know those of you in the areas hit by the major storms will think it isn't a big deal. Keep in mind that Mobile doesn't get snow often and it may cause some issues for drivers. I just thought I'd pass that along!

We are leaving early today just to make sure we don't get caught in the mess.

Happy cruising everyone!!

I would add that anyone going out of Mobile or New Orleans this weekend consider that Jackson and south including the Coastal areas may get 6 inches. This would be a huge deal for people travelling south on I-55 and those on I-10.

Leave Early. We can't drive in the rain much less snow.

People have said that the Saints would win the Super Bowl when Hell freezes over. If anyone has not heard they won. So anything is possible. But I will believe that we are getting 6 inches of snow when I see it. That has never happened in the recorded history of mankind. But then again the Saints did win the Super Bowl.

SaintsLogoAndHelmetGraphic.jpg

People have said that the Saints would win the Super Bowl when Hell freezes over. If anyone has not heard they won. So anything is possible. But I will believe that we are getting 6 inches of snow when I see it. That has never happened in the recorded history of mankind. But then again the Saints did win the Super Bowl.

We were almost to the 6 inch mark in Dec 2008 and I am only 50 miles from you.

Here is a photo of my daughters in the snow that is several inches deep. It would have been deeper if not for the warm ground temps melting it off.

baxterville2008.jpg

I would add that anyone going out of Mobile or New Orleans this weekend consider that Jackson and south including the Coastal areas may get 6 inches. This would be a huge deal for people travelling south on I-55 and those on I-10.

Leave Early. We can't drive in the rain much less snow.

suppose to sleet then snow, so the sleet will freeze and snow on top of that. OMG

your are correct people can't drive in any normal conditions around here. the first fatality for katrina in baton rouge was a lady driving to fast and the wind made her lose control of her car. think of what ice and snow will do.

after this crazy winter i may be rethinking winter cruising.

Archived