NCL Port at Roatan

kayehmbee

I'm a little confused.. Do NCL ships dock at Mahogany Bay? Is this the main cruise port on Roatan? I was looking into possibly doing the Clip N Zip ziplining for the sake of price and convenience, but now I'm having trouble deciphering whether or not this is where the NCL ships dock. I'm traveling on the NCL Jewel on Feb 28.

Additionally, I was trying to decide between the Clip N Zip tour and a close beach or the Victor Bodden Zip N Dip tour with transportation to West Bay. Is the VB tour worth the extra $25 for a less-crowded beach and monkeys? BTW.. monkeys are a definite plus for me :).

Thanks in advance for any information, I can't believe that in all my research I still have not figured out where my ship docks. :o

NCL will dock at Coxen Hole. Only ships that are owned by Carnival use the new Mahogany Bay port. I think you get the best bang for your bucks with Victor, especially if you enjoy the monkees. They are so much fun and he has some other animals that you can interact with also. Check out his website for reviews to get a better idea.

also- Victor has a zip-line on his property in the same location as the monkees. I haven't tried it myself, but have read good reviews. This way- you can enjoy both activities and the location is beautiful and well maintained.

NCL will dock at Coxen Hole. Only ships that are owned by Carnival use the new Mahogany Bay port. I think you get the best bang for your bucks with Victor, especially if you enjoy the monkees. They are so much fun and he has some other animals that you can interact with also. Check out his website for reviews to get a better idea.

also- Victor has a zip-line on his property in the same location as the monkees. I haven't tried it myself, but have read good reviews. This way- you can enjoy both activities and the location is beautiful and well maintained.

Thanks MDSue, I was looking at Victor's ziplining package, which includes admission to the monkeys, as well as transportation from the port, to West Bay, and back to the port.

Can anyone attest to about how much a taxi from Coxen Hole to West Bay would be? I've seen that from Mahogany Bay, it's about $50, but haven't found any info from Coxen Hole.

From Coxen Hole to West Bay, taxis were around $20 one way. It's closer.

I'm with MDSue, use Victor. (or Rony or Cynthia or other independent tour operator with good reviews here). They'll give you the best treatment, steer you away from palces you wouldn't want to go and ensure you get back to port in time to catch your ship. Plus you'll see more of the island than you would otherwise.

Archived