Royal Caribbean Babysitting Service

tmm249

Hi-

I just wanted to see if anyone had any information or experiences with Royal Caribbean and their babysitting services. I have read they offer babysitting for children over 1 year old in a group setting or individually in your stateroom if someone is available.

Just wanted to get any information on this from anyone that has used this service or know someone that has!

Thanks!!

We used it for my 14 month old son on the Freedom in January. I was a little unsettled before our cruise, but decided, based in part on experiences from people on these boards, to book the babysitting once onboard. It was easy - just went to the Guest Relations desk and requested my times. They said they would confirm, but no one ever called, they just showed up on the first night. I wasn't there since I assumed no one was available to watch my kids, but found out because they left a message on my phone. They were understanding and did not charge me, but did confirm the rest of the week with me. No problem. :)

The next night, the babysitters showed up exactly on time (they do arrive in pairs), asked me to fill out a very short form (where I would be, child's likes/dislikes, etc.), then I was off. They made me feel very comfortable leaving my son with them. They charge $12/hour, plus I gave a tip each evening.

I did give the sitters permission to leave the cabin, but my son was sleeping every night except one. On the one night he refused to fall asleep as *I* had planned LOL, they took him for a walk around the ship. They took him to Adventure Ocean and gave him a stuffed AO character (an octopus). Again, there was no problem.

Because my husband was not on this cruise with me, the babysitting was even more wonderful. It allowed me to have a few hours each evening to have a little adult time with the rest of our group. Having said that, I would use it in the future if my DH was there so we could have some adult time too. :)

Let me know if you have more questions. :)

Archived