Heatwave vs cool runnings--help

hockey3

Just off the Serenade yesterday--I was kinda regretting that I hadn't signed up for Silvermoon and we were planning to catch the bus to Accra, but passed Cool Runnings and changed our minds. What a great decision! We had such a wonderful day--the crew was fun, the snorkeling was great, the lunch was delicious! One of the best days on our cruise! Have fun!

• 6 months later...

Hi, can you tell me how you found Cool Runnings when you got off the ship? Are there lots of catamaran operators near the ship that you can book when you get off? I am a little nervous about reserving in advance of getting there. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Jason & Tess get great reviews here. I believe that they only allow 12 people as well, and they have a smaller catamaran. That enables Jason to go to different areas for turtles and that those areas are less crowded. I am booked with them for March of 2011, so I cannot give firsthand information, I apologize.

We had an opportunity in March of this year to go with Silvermoon, and they were great. But all of the big tour operators seem to go to the same turtles and the area was VERY crowded. I had looked forward to swimming with the turtles the most, and it turned out that DH & I both found the shipwreck a lot more enjoyable. It was still a GREAT day, and we cannot wait to return to Barbados again.

Good luck & safe travels to you!

Archived