Private party

jason534

I've done a couple of group cruises, but haven't done a private party in a lounge yet. We are thinking of doing on one the Fantasy next month.

My question is, has anyone done one of these thru the events department and how did it go? This won't be one using the amenity points, rather one we pay for. We're thinking of doing the Open beer bar and non-alcoholic bar for an hour.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

I've done a couple of group cruises, but haven't done a private party in a lounge yet. We are thinking of doing on one the Fantasy next month.

My question is, has anyone done one of these thru the events department and how did it go? This won't be one using the amenity points, rather one we pay for. We're thinking of doing the Open beer bar and non-alcoholic bar for an hour.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

We did this on the Conquest for Cruisin' With the Crazies. It was great... about 130 of us.

I don't think that you have an option for a beer bar as opposed to an open bar, however...

:)

I think your window of opportunity has passed.

You would need to collect the money from all the people-- then pay the agent or the group person.

It was a nice idea- we had a great time at ours.

We have always paid 11.44 pp and got the one hour open bar package with dry snacks only. (with plenty of free food why pay for something) the above site list the one hour party at 9.__

I think your window of opportunity has passed.

You would need to collect the money from all the people-- then pay the agent or the group person.

It was a nice idea- we had a great time at ours.

We have always paid 11.44 pp and got the one hour open bar package with dry snacks only. (with plenty of free food why pay for something) the above site list the one hour party at 9.__

Got lucky, they gave me til next Wednesday to call the payment in. They did say everyone in our group (43) has to purchase the beer or non-alcohol party...if someone doesn't want to come we either pay for them or don't have it.

One more question...do you know what if anything they do for music? Don't want anything special, just hoping for a little background music. I wonder if I can give them a CD or Ipod.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate all the help here on CC!

Got lucky, they gave me til next Wednesday to call the payment in. They did say everyone in our group (43) has to purchase the beer or non-alcohol party...if someone doesn't want to come we either pay for them or don't have it.

I never heard of that option- not everyone drinks - do yo have kids in that equation too?

(did you promise 43 people? all you need is at least 20)

is the information from the groups department or your agent?

sounds like your person is confusing everyone buying the party-- for groups who have the option of buying an all inclusive package for the week- this is when EVERYone must purchase it or none get it.

It lists that price because it is before the 15% grats are added. Once added it is $11.44.

Jason,

What I do for my parties is I pay for everything upfront and the folks on the rollcall pay me back once I am on the ship. I have been lucky and everyone has held up their end. If not, it is not that hard to convince someone to join.

Also you have to have everything booked a week before the sailing as they send the documents to the ship at that time. If you have someone who wishes to join after that, see the Group Coordinator onboard and let them know. They will charge your S&S account for those you are wanting to add.

One other thing I do is have wristbands for everyone. One color for those getting drinks with alcohol and another color for those drinking virgin. Anyone 21 and older are not allowed to purchase the virgin drink program, they have to pay for the alcohol program.

By using the wristbands, I can have folks join the party who are not drinking or wish to be on a pay as you go basis. You can get the wristbands from Office Depot or off Ebay.

I have 34 adults and 10 children signed up for our cocktail party on the Truimph on Sunday from our rollcall.

Dave

It lists that price because it is before the 15% grats are added. Once added it is $11.44.

Jason,

What I do for my parties is I pay for everything upfront and the folks on the rollcall pay me back once I am on the ship. I have been lucky and everyone has held up their end. If not, it is not that hard to convince someone to join.

Also you have to have everything booked a week before the sailing as they send the documents to the ship at that time. If you have someone who wishes to join after that, see the Group Coordinator onboard and let them know. They will charge your S&S account for those you are wanting to add.

One other thing I do is have wristbands for everyone. One color for those getting drinks with alcohol and another color for those drinking virgin. Anyone 21 and older are not allowed to purchase the virgin drink program, they have to pay for the alcohol program.

By using the wristbands, I can have folks join the party who are not drinking or wish to be on a pay as you go basis. You can get the wristbands from Office Depot or off Ebay.

I have 34 adults and 10 children signed up for our cocktail party on the Truimph on Sunday from our rollcall.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

I'm gonna pay for it upfront as well, it's all friends and family right now, 43 of us.

They told me everyone booked in my group has to pay, has that been the case for you in the past?

Thanks,

Jason

I never heard of that option- not everyone drinks - do yo have kids in that equation too?

(did you promise 43 people? all you need is at least 20)

is the information from the groups department or your agent?

sounds like your person is confusing everyone buying the party-- for groups who have the option of buying an all inclusive package for the week- this is when EVERYone must purchase it or none get it.

It's from Carnival...you know the famous different answer from each employee you ask:)

The lady today told me everyone over 2 has to pay, whether or not they plan to attend. 23 adults and 20 kids in our case.

I would love the all inclusive, but we don't have enough adults and I don't think they do it during spring break.

I'll be calling them soon and waiting for Dave's reply. I'll let you know what they say. I'm hoping the non-drinking adults can skip it or get the non-alcohol part at least.

Thanks Dave!

I'm gonna pay for it upfront as well, it's all friends and family right now, 43 of us.

They told me everyone booked in my group has to pay, has that been the case for you in the past?

Thanks,

Jason

The ones I have booked have not been part of a group booking. Like the others I believe the person is confusing the Open Bar Card requirements with the One hour Open Bar. With the Open Bar Card ALL members of the group booking has to either sign up for the alchohol part or a coke card.

For me, all I tell them is the number of persons for the $11.44 portion and the number of those under 21 for the $5.75 portion. All persons wanting to drink over 21 has to purchase the alcohol portion. They will not let them buy the non-alcohol program unless the entire party is non-alcohol.

I believe where you are running into problems is you are under a group booking. Approach it by saying you have others that are not part of your group that are participating. You want it setup under your individual booking number and will be paying for the entire party upfront.

The person I normally use is Patricia Velazquez ext 24439

Dave

It's from Carnival...you know the famous different answer from each employee you ask:)

The lady today told me everyone over 2 has to pay, whether or not they plan to attend. 23 adults and 20 kids in our case.

I would love the all inclusive, but we don't have enough adults and I don't think they do it during spring break.

I'll be calling them soon and waiting for Dave's reply. I'll let you know what they say. I'm hoping the non-drinking adults can skip it or get the non-alcohol part at least.

This to me sounds like the AI BAR CARD.. which everyone in the group needs to purchase.. and the kids need to purchase the pop card:confused:

The ones I have booked have not been part of a group booking. Like the others I believe the person is confusing the Open Bar Card requirements with the One hour Open Bar. With the Open Bar Card ALL members of the group booking has to either sign up for the alchohol part or a coke card.

For me, all I tell them is the number of persons for the $11.44 portion and the number of those under 21 for the $5.75 portion. All persons wanting to drink over 21 has to purchase the alcohol portion. They will not let them buy the non-alcohol program unless the entire party is non-alcohol.

I believe where you are running into problems is you are under a group booking. Approach it by saying you have others that are not part of your group that are participating. You want it setup under your individual booking number and will be paying for the entire party upfront.

The person I normally use is Patricia Velazquez ext 24439

Dave

Thanks...As always great info. I'm gonna call back in a bit, gotta watch a movie with the wife:)

This to me sounds like the AI BAR CARD.. which everyone in the group needs to purchase.. and the kids need to purchase the pop card:confused:

Didn't try for the AI card this year, not enough in our group would pay for it.

I would pay for it any time:)

Thanks...As always great info. I'm gonna call back in a bit, gotta watch a movie with the wife:)

We got the "open beer" party and the "non alcoholic bar" for an hour. The open beer is $8 pp and non alcohol is $5, plus 15% grat on each. Everyone over 3 years old must participate. I had already inquired with my group # or I would have used Dave's advice and set it up without the group. But, in our case I think the whole group is going. Heck, I might just bring Dave on my next cruise and have him set everything up:) Dave, you in??

They did let me book some adults for the non alcohol part, which was cool as we have a few non drinkers. The non alcohol consists of soda, iced tea, something else and virgin drinks.

And they will either "pipe" in music or I can give them a CD to play.

Dave, thanks for always posting when we have questions!!! I appreciate your feedback a great deal.

A couple of questions - Where is the party held (I will be on the Conquest)? With the beer, is it by the bottle or glass?

It depends on the size of the group as to which venue is used. If you are booking outside a group booking, you are scheduled around their events. Most of the time on the Triumph and Conquest ships, it is done in the Piano Bar.

Not sure on the beer on how it is served if the entire party is beer only. On the Cocktail party, it is served by the bottle.

Dave

They did let me book some adults for the non alcohol part, which was cool as we have a few non drinkers. The non alcohol consists of soda, iced tea, something else and virgin drinks.

And they will either "pipe" in music or I can give them a CD to play.

Dave, thanks for always posting when we have questions!!! I appreciate your feedback a great deal.

More than likely they will have your party in the Cat's Lounge on the Fantasy. If Erwin is the bar tender, tell him hello for me.

I am surprised on them letting you slip a couple of adults onto the non-alcohol part. If you need to add any more to the party once you are within one week from sailing, you will have to contact the Group Coordinator onboard and they will bill it to your S&S card.

Dave

More than likely they will have your party in the Cat's Lounge on the Fantasy. If Erwin is the bar tender, tell him hello for me.

I am surprised on them letting you slip a couple of adults onto the non-alcohol part. If you need to add any more to the party once you are within one week from sailing, you will have to contact the Group Coordinator onboard and they will bill it to your S&S card.

Dave

We are in the Cat's lounge.

We're doing it the day we leave Cozumel at 5:30 pm since we usually skip dinner that night anyways.

Archived