Tamarind's Rijsttafel dinner

Mer turquoise

Hi,

I tried to book Rijsttafel dinner at Tamarind for our up coming cruise. Ship services told me that this has to be booked on the ship. They told me I had to make a reservation for a regular dinner and when I get on board, I can book the Rijsttafel dinner (for 5$ more per person).

I am wondering if a minimal number of persons has to book this dinner in order for the Tamarind to offer it ? does somebody know ?

Thank you !

There is a minimum of 4 persons required to book the Rijsttafel. There were 3 in our group and we paid the 4 person rate (ie $80 total) in order to experience the dinner. It was well worth it!

Thank you, we are also 3 (and with a 16 years old = 1/2 price), so I hope somebody else will book this dinner on the night we want to go because I would realy like to try it !

Thanks again !

Thank you, we are also 3 (and with a 16 years old = 1/2 price), so I hope somebody else will book this dinner on the night we want to go because I would realy like to try it !

Thanks again !

We did it as 2 people in Oct '08, but we didn't get to choose the day or time. That night the starboard side of the restaurant was R. only, while the port side was order-from-menu. There were several tables for two people only. To do it on a day/time of your choosing you have to be a group of 4 or more. (Or as PZetz said, pay for four.)

The waitresses come by in a "parade", adding a serving of each dish to your very large plate ... about 10 things in all. We enjoyed it thoroughly!

attachment.php?attachmentid=93628&d=1224380999

The Rijsttafel dinner was my main reason for booking Tamarind. There's only two of us. Does anyone know how often the 'Rijsttafel for two' nights are held? (Eurodam, 10 Day Cruise, May). Do you think its on a Formal Night?
I can't answer those questions, but you can check on embarkation day, and if it's not being done on a night suitable to you I suggest that you try to find another interested couple at your Roll Call M&G.

Archived