Viking Crown Lounge

mgg42

I went there 3 times on my cruise. Once it was crowded only because there was a group meeting of some sort at the same time. The other 2 times it wasn't completely empty but maybe only 20% capacity.

A couple reasons I think.

1) There is so much to do on Oasis, the VCL isn't on the top of everyone's list and people just don't think about coming there.

2) The View! I went there the first time with my wife to watch the sunset. We were able to see the sunset but to look at the ocean from the VCL you have to look across a busy deck with kids running, people sunbathing, etc. Not exactly the same peaceful feeling as a direct ocean view.

For some reason they gave the wedding chappel adjacent to the VKL an amazing direct ocean view. That chapel is used maybe 2 or 3 times during a week cruise max and the VCL is used every day. Sure it's nice for those getting married but makes the lounge a lousy viewing area.

Also when you're up at the VCL take a walk around Deck 17 (interior area is quite small). This is where the Crown Loft Suites are and even the hallway and the doors to these rooms is spectacular. I peeked in one while the maid was cleaning and about drooled...

Archived