First Time Cruiser HELP!!!!

williefred1000

My wife and I are cruising at the end of this month. Carnival Fantasy. Leaving out of Mobile and I have done some research but still a little confused about the one stop at Progreso Yucatan, Mexico. Should we book with the cruise ship or do it alone. Saw were it was cheaper if you wait and do it when you get in town. Any other tips about the whole cruise would be helpful.... Please, and thank you in advance.... William :eek::):confused:

My wife and I are cruising at the end of this month. Carnival Fantasy. Leaving out of Mobile and I have done some research but still a little confused about the one stop at Progreso Yucatan, Mexico. Should we book with the cruise ship or do it alone. Saw were it was cheaper if you wait and do it when you get in town. Any other tips about the whole cruise would be helpful.... Please, and thank you in advance.... William :eek::):confused:

Welcome to CC Willie!!

Progreso is one of my favorite places!! It depends on what you want to do, and getting around the town is easy on your own. Take the double decker bus tour when you first get off the shuttle to town from the ship. Bring some dollars, it costs $3 each now and lasts about a half hour to an hour. It gives you a fun overview of the town and beachfront. Then you can walk back up to the beach and spend time there.

If you want a tour or see some ruins, on the shuttle from ship they will tell you about several tours you can take, there are many to choose from!

Fun fun place, you'll have a great cruise on a wonderful ship!!:)

We have booked two excursions through the ship in all of our many cruises. We really were not pleased with either excursion. I mean, they were okay, but we realized we could have done it on our own. Everything else we have done on our own, (at the port, not ahead of time) and have had nothing but good experiences.

Just don't push it on the time; give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Have fun! We'll be on Fantasy in May!

Shay

Progreso is also a fabulous place to get a really cheap massage on the beach.

Closer to where you return to the ship, there's an area on the beach where they offer massages on the beach. We waited till we were returning to the ship, and hubby negotiated 45 minute massages for three of us for $15 each. We tipped the girls as much as we spent on the massages. :)

On most ports I would be quick to say look at options..

but for your first trip to Progresso...

I would recommend looking at Ship trips...

especially if you are interested in going to

Merida City.

Now, if all you want to do it go into Progresso,

see the Flea markets (which is great)

take the double decker bus...

walk down to the beach and get something to

eat or drink...

then do no worry about a ship trip. And, this makes

a great day.

Just remember to come back to get back on the bus

back to the ship!

Archived